FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, May 21, 2018

WHAT STORY ARE YOU IN?



Carl Jung once wrote:

"Whether you know it or not, you are in a story.  

If it is not YOUR story, you can be sure you will have a bit part.

If it is your story, do you know what kind?  

If not, you may be sure that its ending will be bad.

Or if it is a thoroughly bad story, its ending will be worse."


Jung also said that you did not want to be a person who could not be cruel.  

Instead, you must be someone who could be cruel but chose not to be.

A man who cannot be cruel will be a perpetual victim.  

Rather be a person who can be dangerous if need be.

"Who looks outside, dreams.  Who looks within, awakes."


My students often said that they hated me assigning them books that took thought to understand and enjoy.

I choose to write my own stories in that vein.  

I guess I have chosen to live out my story in a similar fashion. 

WHAT STORY ARE YOU IN?

Did you pick it?

or

Did it pick you?

4 comments:

  1. With Jung on that! In spite of having a chapter of being tired :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siding with Jung is always wise! :-) Hope you feel stronger.

      Delete
  2. I planned some of it and some I didn't. Ironically the best parts come from what wasn't planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually the way. I think Jung meant we should take charge of where we find ourselves no matter where the winds blow us. :-)

      Delete