FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, November 19, 2018

AMAZON hates me



Amazon is much like a tiger in the wild: 

Unrestrained, savage, 
and 
does what it will to hapless humans 
who are in its territory.

Did you know? 

I tried to give a Kindle version of my book to a Canadian friend and got this email:

"Amazon won’t let people from ‘my country’ redeem any ebooks either. I just tried. Wow.

 Did Trump make a deal with them? 

He’s been disrespecting Canadians and our Prime Minister a lot lately.
****************************
Here’s the message I received from Amazon:

This eBook cannot be redeemed by customers in your country.
Note: 

 If you do not live in the same country as the person who gave you the Kindle book gift, 

the book may not be available to you due to copyright restrictions.

 How does copyright affect it going to another country? 

Sheesh. I guess you will have to send it only to the USA citizens.  

They are throwing up a lot of roadblocks - for what reason I wonder."


Earlier my Canadian friend tried to give a review for my audio book which she BOUGHT HERSELF.

I got this email: 

"I tried to review this on Amazon but it won’t let me 

as it says I have to spend at least 50 dollars in the last 12 months to be able to review a book I’ve bought on Amazon.  

That stinks."

Sigh. 


Due to medical bills, buying that audio book was difficult, 

nor has my friend been able to spend $50 dollars on Amazon.


HAS THIS OR 
SOMETHING LIKE IT HAPPENED TO YOU 
ON AMAZON?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - sorry ... this sounds really frustrating for all concerned. I haven't come across it - but recently haven't tried to leave reviews - I hope someone else knows whats happening and can advise ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon is trying to stop "Review Mills" but is throwing the baby out with the bath water. Sigh. Amazon is a giant that considers most Indies gnats.

      Delete
  2. That's a new one. No, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Trump. It has everything to do with Amazon. Well, I've got news for them - while DLP's sales through Amazon have declined some (mostly due to Amazon Unlimited), sales to other ebook sellers have risen. So more people are buying outside of Amazon. And here people looked at me funny over ten years ago when I cautioned about placing all my eggs in one basket with Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon will find some way to punish those who do not sell exclusively with them I am sure. You were correct: it is never wise to put all your eggs in one basket.

      Delete
  3. I just had a totally different, but still bad experience with Amazon today. The Canada copyright situation makes no sense, I mean you can send a book there in the mail. I know they don't want the fake reviews, but, still $50.00. I have stopped writing reviews, mainly because I can't focus on it, and I have felt bad, but now, maybe not so bad, after all. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m curious: what was your bad experience with Amazon? Their customer support used to be excellent.

      Perhaps Amazon has gotten so big that it feels it does not need the individual customer?

      I have so few reviews on my new books I feel a bit down sometimes. But I persist. :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'm Canadian and don't like the sounds of this at all. I could have sworn I've sent books out. I stand corrected.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, Amazon won't let me send my eBook to you or even send you an Audible version of it. And if you haven't spent $50 on Amazon in the past year, you won't be allowed to review one of my books even if you paid for it! Strange, right?

      Delete