FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Want to Know the Truth About BLOGS?



Recent studies have found people take about three hours and sixteen minutes to write a blog post. 


That's a 26 percent increase 
over the same surveys last year. 

However, the studies also found that “twice as many bloggers are now spending 6+ hours on their average post.”


THAT'S QUITE AN INVESTMENT.

ARE WE GETTING AN APPROPRIATE 
RETURN ON IT? 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?


Research shows the average blog is dead 
after a mere 100 days.

OUCH!

That number also means that the average blog 
that launches in the next couple of weeks 
will already have died by Christmas!

Yes, that’s a depressing thought.


But don't quit!


Make connections where you can.

Look for forums related to your topic. 

Look for active Twitter chats about blogging.


As I've found writing my novels ...

 a funny thing begins to happen as you continue doing something you enjoy, 

even when no one else is watching quite yet: 

 you get better at it. 

The quality of your content improves. 

Then, as people slowly do find you, 

you have a growing body of work that’s getting continually better, 

which encourages those first-time readers to become multiple-time readers.

 It’ll take work, and it’ll take longer than you expect to get noticed.

But it’s worth it when it happens.

What do you think
of the return on
your blog efforts?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Roland. Great post. My blog is still alive and well after 10 years & much neglect. I met you and many other authors whom I consider friends via our blogs, though many no longer maintain them. It’s heartening to know yours is still growing strong and springboards your 40-something novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Olivia. My blog is my cyber-diary and a guide post to my novels and what interests me. I think of you as an old friend and fellow kindred-spirit author. Good to see your book sales increasing. :-)

      Delete
  2. Now you know why I don't do the A to Z Challenge anymore. Those posts took four to five hours to compose and just as many hours a day commenting and visiting. Too much. One a week (or a little less) I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A TO Z Challenge was fun for me to do, making it different. But like you, I found it was just too draining to do creatively and entertainingly. Whew! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland - blogging is my outlet ... but I need to turn it into more - I'm working my way towards getting out there more!

    The A-Z introduced me to most bloggers and of course once you're on your way - we tend to find like minded blogging friends and continue on.

    Content is key - but it is a time consuming occupation ... though I prefer it to FB or TW - where it's too ephemeral ...

    Take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog Hops are what introduced me to most of my cyber-friends at the beginning. Blogging does take a dent in my free time which is getting less and less these days. :-( You always have my back, Hilary. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Blogging helps me with writing quickly (well quicker) AND correctly. I still make mistake but I make fewer.

    So, for me it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. And it keeps me in touch with friends like you. :-) My book is still in the hands of the formatter, but it should be ready for publication any day now. Hope your offer of help is still on.

      Delete