FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

What Is the Last Book You Read? When? Why?

 

“A great book should leave you with many experiences, 

and slightly exhausted at the end, for you lived several lives while reading.”

 - William Styron


Book Lovers Day is celebrated 
on August 9 every year. 

This is an unofficial holiday observed
 to encourage bibliophiles to celebrate 
reading and literature.

People are advised to put away their smartphones and every possible technological distraction and pick up a book to read


Sadly I've lost count of the times I've nearly been run over by stockers in WalMart, 

orderlies delivering supplies, 

or walkers on the street too lost in their smart phones to even notice the world around them.


Have we become addicted to our cell phones?


Do any of your non-author friends read for pleasure?
Has life of late made it hard for even you to read?


Is the book destined to take its place beside the slide rule?

What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, people with their cell phones. Makes you wonder if this world was better off when it wasn't quite so connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For emergencies they're great. But it makes me sad to see so many blind to the world around them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cell phones have become an addiction, but so has the internet in general, which is a large rabbit hole of wasted time. It's how we use these wonderful tools that is disturbing. I can clearly see how our devices have replaced relationships. I've often stated that the cell phone might be an anti-Christ since it's "with" a person, 24/7 and can pretty much tell everything you do and kind of controls the person using it.

    To answer your title's question. I'm reading The Maid by Nita Prose. Guess what? I'm reading the Kindle version. :( Why am I reading it? I heard that it's good story and the writing is good. Both are true.

    Teresa @ https://journalingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. II just finished THIS IMMORTAL by my writing mentor, Roger Zelazny or rather listening to it by a truly mesmerizing narrator. :-)

      Delete