FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

WOULD YOU WRITE HORROR? IWSG Post

 

Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/blackrabbitkdj-13427895/

We are living in a horror movie.

The Russians are said to be deploying 
a Poseidon torpedo.

Fact is they may have already deposited one off our shores months ago


OCTOBER is horror month. 

It is popular to be scared then. After all, movies, shows, and months eventually end

Do you know what galvanized President Regan 

to work so hard for world peace? 

A TV movie.


I have been finding it hard to write about 

fictional horror, 

feeling too much like Nero

fiddling while Rome burned.


Scientific studies indicate that those

who are not so empathic

can enjoy horror movies more

than those who feel more

negatively about those in torment.

What do you think?

Stephen King wrote:

"I think people do kind of gravitate towards horror stories when times are tough, and times are scary."

Are you finding writing

harder these days?


Thanks to Damyantii, I have this month's IWSG question:


My favorite genre?

Historical fantasy

I get to right certain wrongs that have galled me in my historical research.

Alfred Hitchcock's misogynistic cruelty on set after set, I was able to let my sociopathic former O.S.S. agent deal with him in my 


Only $7.68 at the moment in hardcover!

I was able to spend nearly a year with my favorites, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, and Nikola Tesla in 1895 Egypt

while doing my own rendition of THE MUMMY!

Like Damyanti, I make setting and its history an actual character in my novels.

Unlike Damyanti, my historical novels have not been optioned for the screen.

PHOTO BY Gage Skidmore 

(Although I did dream that Tatiana Maslany emailed me wanting to portray the female version of my blood courier in BLOOD WILL TELL! )


MAY ALL YOUR WRITING DREAMS COME TRUE. :-)

13 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - good luck with your various books and audio novels ... I enjoy murder mysteries ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Hilary. :-) The self-contained 1st chapter of FRENCH QUARTER REQUIEM is a straight-forward murder mystery, no supernatural trappings at all. Thanks for dropping in ... a rematch with Covid has side-lined me lately.

      Delete
  2. I was a horroraholic when younger but once I had kids, not so much. Must be a mom hormonal protection thing. But I still love SciFi ever since hunkering down in front of the b&w cabinet TV to devour the first episode of Star Trek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horror movies have changed over the years: no heroes only gore. Brrr.

      Delete
  3. I've been told I am very empathetic but I also like horror films. Although as you said, we are living one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a very scary one! We are 100 seconds before Midnight on the Doomsday Clock.

      Delete
  4. I would love nothing more than to see several of, if not all of your books appear on the silver screen!

    You have a special talent as an author, amongst numerous other talents which you possess. Your brand of "historical fiction" is something very aesthetically beautiful and rare in the world of writing, stories, movie and other medium forms of storytelling.

    I pray all is well with you Brother Roland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrate October with hours and hours of horror movies, but I don't watch anything that is too real. Or I see as too real. That would ruin it for me.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I would ever write Horror. You need a special skill set to actually sell the fear. But I like reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to "live" the fear to write it well. Not for me!!

      Delete
  7. I have read so many letters and journals of Mark Twain, Nikola Tesla, and Oscar Wilde, I can hear them in my head sometimes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, scary website, Roland! Yes, I'm a big chicken and can't read horror. Stephen King scares me. All the luck with your publications. Have a beautiful weekend! https://www.victoriamarielees.com/

    ReplyDelete