FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

DO YOU WRITE WHAT IS POPULAR OR WHAT YOU LOVE? IWSG Post

 


Are you a weathervane in your writing?

Hoping to catch the prevailing wind of what is popular?

Or do you write what you love even if no one else is interested?

,

You are Lucas, survivor of the Long Dying, 
the 2nd War to End All Wars.

No winners, only losers.


Forgotten by your government,
Betrayed by your commanding O.S.S. officer,

On a train through the Alps
to Vienna
to help film THE THIRD MAN,
a film which sums up the
disillusionment of the Post War
world ...
too much like today's.


The chill of twilight,
the taste of ashy despair,
the hollow eyes of starved passers-by,
the galling look of trust in
the eyes of your remaining companions.


You know you will not survive Vienna.
Too many old enemies await you.

But you swear on the ghost of
Marcus Aurelius 
that your friends will.


No one is interested in my
DARK HOLLYWOOD SAGA.


It seems only I am interested in the 
Golden Age of Hollywood.
myths of New Orleans & post war Europe,
and tales of love & intrigue.


Still, I feel that if you write what you love,
the love will shine through.

By writing what you love, you will always write stories that are powerful and that mean something to you. 

Your energy and love will become evident to readers. This is when an editor picks up your story and says, this must be the book of his/her heart.


WHAT DO YOU THINK?

8 comments:

  1. If it doesn't mean anything to you, it really won't mean anything to others. Always write what you love.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I read so many submissions, I can tell when there is passion - and not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not envy you reading that tidal wave of submissions at all!

      Delete
  3. I agree, you must love what you write. The two comments above say it all. Merry Christmas, Roland. I know your work and I'm here to say you have more than enough passion for your work. A head above the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Joylene. And Merry Christmas to you as well. Now if only someone would buy my homage to Dickens' Christmas tale!! :-)

      Delete
  4. I write what I love, as my sales will attest. But it makes me happy, and that's what matters. And I love your writing because I can tell your heart is in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather. One day I pray our sales equal our passion!::-)

      Delete