FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

OVER A MILLION SERVED!



Over one million readers have visited 
my blog!

Great, right?

You want to know how many author blogs
get a million views A MONTH?

Don't ask.  
It's depressing.


No matter how many millions
visit their blogs
 
MOST WRITERS WON'T 
MAKE ANY MONEY

“It’s called a ‘best-selling author,’ 
not ‘best author.’” 
-Robert Kiyosaki

MANY WRITERS THINK TOO SMALL 

"Better to aim for the moon and miss, 
than aim for mediocrity and hit." 
- Mark Twain

If you think small, that’s what you get. 

Most writers don’t think big, 

 and therefore don’t create big products which produce big results.

Listen to the very first self-published mega-author,
Mark Twain

“There is such a thing as a technically gifted 
yet very boring and unsuccessful writer.”

LEARN THE BUSINESS END OF WRITING

 Subscription publishing was considered a ‘low class’ method of publishing :

many new authors who did not yet have the following to be picked up by major publishing houses, 

elected to try ‘subscription publishing’. 

 Elisha Bliss was a pioneer in this kind of publishing 

and he took Twain on the trip to success & money with him. 

Clemens was not too proud to learn and worked to understand publishing, 

using the skills he learned in newspaper reporting to pen the classic THE INNOCENTS ABROAD


It’s easy to get a million views from a random viral article with the right keywords.

It’s hard to gain true fans who consistently read your work and buy your books month after month.

 “Successful people do 
what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do -

leave the comfort of the known road 
and strike out in a new direction." 
 - MarkTwain

 WHAT DO YOU THINK?

6 comments:

  1. Rather build a true following than be a one-hit wonder.
    Congratulations on a million views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, a million sales would be something to be wowed by, right? :-) Thanks for being my friend, Alex

      Delete
  2. Roland, congrats on hitting the one million mark. I’m wondering...Do you live in Lake Charles? Have you ever attended the Bayou Writers Group? Have we met?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Jessica. I don't think we've ever met. Being a rare blood courier, I have a schedule that does not mesh with the meetings of the Bayou Writers Group since I work every weekend. Blair was a member and wanted me to go some years back.

      I will not be able to attend the Writer Conference your group is putting on since I work that day. Not only would I have to give up a day's pay, but I would have to spend $100 to attend: double whammy so to speak!! Ouch!

      I have 16 soon to be 17 books in print, 28 audio books, and 41 ebooks. When I am not working as a rare blood courier, I am writing. I wish your group a fantastic conference and experience, Roland

      Delete
    2. Roland, if you knew our Blair, your going back a way. Our conference doesn’t cost 100.00 — 55.00 for non members and you sell your books for free. I just thought you might enjoy meeting other writers as well as IWSG’s L Diane Wolfe. Networking and gaining new readers is part of the writing and publishing process. Nice to “meet” you too, BTW.

      Delete
    3. Jessica, I will think on it. The Brochure says the fee is $100 to meet L. Diane Wolfe. Ouch! Writers tend to buy books on how to write and how to get published. I think my books are for readers more than writers. :-)

      Delete