FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

YOU CAN STOP READING MY BOOK


No, honest.  

I give you permission 
to stop reading my book.

We are killing the joy of reading 
by forcing ourselves to read 
a book in which we have stalled.

Sometimes the book isn’t bad 
you just never feel like reading it. 


The prevailing wisdom is to power through, 
but that is terrible advice.

Reading should be a pleasure. 

School often robs us 
of the idea that reading can be fun.

Well, we're not in school anymore


I give you permission 
to stop reading my book 
or any book 
in which you have stalled.

I want you to enjoy reading
my book or anyone else's.


But I also give you permission 
to keep on reading.

Just like a man, right?


Take 
“A Farewell to Arms” 

If you have read it,
you may not remember 
most of the book


But I bet the last 3 pages stay with you still.


Remember:

The right book for the right person
 is not enough. 

It needs to be the right book, 
for the right person at the right time.


I just want you to have fun reading.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I'll never power through a bad book. I slogged through The Terror and that taught me a lesson. (And the show on AMC was so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Passage did me in before I got a third of the way through it. Ugh!

      Delete