FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, April 12, 2020

EASTER in the Time of Plague



I have just returned from 
a night-time rural blood run
and 
will soon go out on another.


The road ahead of me all the way was
dark, deserted, and uncertain.

  
Just like the days ahead of all of us are
dark, deserted, and uncertain.


Now, in my worldview.
I know that though my days ahead 
are uncertain,
they are in sure hands.

The sun will rise tomorrow as sure
as the Son rose 
two thousands years ago.


And if I do not rise with tomorrow's sun,
it just means that I have merely started 
a new and wondrous adventure.


Yet, there is still meaning to Easter morning
if you do not share my worldview.


Remember the women going to the tomb,
worrying how they would
move the boulder
 blocking the tomb?

only to discover
that it had already been moved
and the tomb was empty.


Many of our feared problems never come 
as we imagine.

And those that do are made easier by 
sharing them with friends.


This Easter,
though socially distanced,
share your heart with a friend.

You'll both be better for it.

Oh,

and

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you in these difficult times and the difficult runs you have to make at night. Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my goal! :-) You give Faith and Samson a hug for me. Last night I dreamed of Hercules, my half Norweigian Elkhound/ German Shepherd mix. I gave the big lug a hug as I did in real life. I awoke with a smile.

      Delete
    2. Great to see you doing well!
      Was just thinking of you & your mom.

      Delete