FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD

 A movie was made by that title:


I'm not talking about the END of the WHOLE world, mind you, just the END of the WORLD AS WE NOW KNOW IT.

Ever have an old beloved sweater? 

One day you noticed it slowly unraveling, 

Soon, it began to unravel faster and faster.


The world seems to be that sweater. Peace seems to be slipping through the world's fingers.


Texas could vote to secede from the union in 2023. The Texas GOP passed the resolution denying the legitimacy of Biden's victory.


Runaway inflation is spiraling prices for food, gas, rents, and a dozen other necessities. 

The president is in obvious cognitive decline, making decisions that worsen the situation.

The new Supreme Court Justice can't define 'Woman.' 

Would you go to a vet couldn't tell the difference between a dog and a cat?

What faith can we have in such a court?


Congress has become the Three Monkeys ignoring the situation so long as they can continue to pad their accounts in Swiss banks with insider trading.


It won't happen overnight ... but I remember that sweater unraveling right before my eyes. 

What do you make of the world you see?





2 comments:

  1. This world is getting crazier by the day. I'm glad I'm getting old. Now I can just laugh about it all and people can just dismiss me as being a nutty old white guy. Nothing the world can do to me now that can be any worse that this body of mine going to hell in a knitting basket. I am an old sweater unraveling and I'm fine with that. It was bound to happen eventually.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to postpone as much as I can! :-) My body seems to want to scare these days! May your days happier these days, Arlee!

      Delete