FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

THE FIRST FOUR

 

Give me six hours to chop down a tree, 
and I will spend the first four
 sharpening the ax.”  
- Abraham Lincoln

 The people we surround ourselves with 
are the biggest influence 
on our behavior, 
attitudes and results

Who you are around ,

what they’ve got 
you thinking, 
saying, doing 
and becoming,
sets the course of your life.

 “You are the average 
of the five people 
you spend the 
most time with.”
 - Jim Rohn


Social scientists say the people you spend the most time with 

tend to shape who you are. 

They determine what conversations dominate your attention. 

They affect to which attitudes and behaviors you are regularly exposed. 

Eventually you start to think like they think and behave like they behave.

 No matter what you believe about what the social scientists say ...

You can agree it is hard to stay positive when surrounded by negative people!

Even if you do what you feel is right, you will not get as far if, around you,

you do not have people who hold you to a higher standard ...

who by their very example show you it can be done.


I am far better now than I would have been

because of the friendship of Sandra Thrasher and the example shown by her entire family.

If you truly are the average of the five people in your life,

what kind of person are you?


Has there been one person who touched your life with wisdom and friendship?

5 comments:

  1. I've only "been around" 2 people for at least 5 years now, unless we're counting our Dog Homer.
    An interesting point I've been amazed by is; how much some people who we've only been around or known for a short period in our lives, often are the ones who remain in our lives longer than anyone else, especially those who have inspired us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some people act as catalysts for personal growth like seeds of radioactivity ... like you. I pray Kim continues to improve, Roland

      Delete
  2. Hi Roland ... I've adapted to those I mix with ... some I avoid, or spend the least time with - but totally understand your thoughts ... I volunteer/work with a lot of people, therefore try to ensure everyone is thought about and considered. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Hilary. We never know what impact a single sentence from us could impact an individual going through an invisible crisis. Bravo to you for the volunteer work. :-)

      Delete
    2. Oops! Sorry about the double impacts. Wow. I must be sleepier than I thought!

      Delete