FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

REASONS TO BLOG ... even if no one is reading

 


It is July ... right after the 4th.

Many are too weary from the fiery celebrations and the summer heat to visit your blogs 

Your number of visitors may tumble.  Don't worry.  

It's all good.

Sounds illogical doesn't it?

What possible reasons could there be for blogging if no one is reading?


1.) SEARCH ENGINE BENEFITS
 

This may be the most obvious benefit of blogging. 

Search engines give preference to websites that have fresh, relevant content.

 Hubspot research shows that updated blogs get 55% more traffic than blogs with old posts  —

 even if there are no readers!


2.) INFINITE SEARCH ENGINE

 Your content keeps working for you month after month!  

I research my most often visited posts.  Many of them are years old.  Some are from last week when I was sure no one was visiting.

People Google all manner of subjects.  

Who knows when someone will be looking up something you wrote a post on?


We work hard to gain followers.  Me, I am on my 14th year.  My followers are my friends.

To lose one would hurt.

It is often harder for people to remember to visit if you change addresses ...

Sometimes that one extra step to visit costs you a frequent visitor.  

Why take that chance? 

A thought:

Several of my friends have switched from blogger to Wordpress, thinking their old posts would always be there on Blogger.

Not so.

Now, their addresses have been given to food and fashion blogs.  Two of them in languages I cannot read.

I work hard on each of my posts.  

They are my cyber-diary entries.  

To think all that effort and creativity would evaporate into nothingness feathers the insides of my chest with icy wings.

Just something to keep in mind.




3.) A VERY COST EFFECTIVE AD!


If you write interesting posts, readers will glance at your sidebar 

and perhaps decide to take a chance on one of your books ... 

even if you never mention them in the post.

 
4.) YOUR CONTENT ENGINE
 
Your investment in a consistent stream of quality content 

can be leveraged in many ways to support a content marketing strategy. 

I use links from blog posts in some of my comments on other blogs with posts that relate to them. 

They may garner visits.  They may not.  

But links provide the possibility of more visitors, right?


5.) PR


A constant stream of new posts will encourage old readers to drop in after a time to see what new things you are talking about.

Should an old or a new visitor speak of your post on their blog or web site, 

you have an opportunity to garner a new audience for your work.


6.) NOT EVERYONE Does Social Media

You provide new content for those lonely Non-Social Media souls looking for something new to read.  

Your blog may be stumbled upon by someone who hears of you from a link or from an email.


7.) YOU MAINTAIN THE HABIT and KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

Get out of the habit of steadily writing new posts, 

and Life will find a way to fill in that vacuum of time.  

You may find yourself without new content for weeks after July -- 

especially with December Madness looming over the horizon.

 WHAT KEEPS YOU WRITING YOUR BLOG?

6 comments:

  1. I post and comment a lot less during the summer but you've made some good points. And yes, I've seen several blogs get taken over by companies or whatever. Never abandon a blog - keep it going or take it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. We've put too much effort into our blogs to see them disappear. It would be like setting fire to our diary that we've kept for years, right?

      Delete
  2. I've written many posts at my blog that have gone mostly unread for several weeks, some even months. Theres been times that my overall traffic has been scant. But lately, off and on at least, I've seen the traffic tripled or maybe even quadrupled.

    When I look at the analytic stats, it shows that a lot of that recent rise in traffic come from posts that go as far back as 5 years! So, just because a post gets no readers in the first week or even month of publishing it doesn't mean it never will or that your blog as a whole will get few readers. So, yes, its definitely worth it to keep blogging even if you dont get any readers in the moment because over time you may.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what my research shows as well, Steven. Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. It means a lot. :-)

      Delete
  3. Many of the things that you said is true. But I have very less information/knowledge of search engines etc. (not very savvy in that area) And I know of some bloggers who do extensive research and write regularly, with just a few people commenting on their blogs. Sad. Like you said some old blogs come in handy. I was speaking to an old friend of mine in India and during the conversation he mentioned about his drop in haemoglobin. I immediately dug up one of my old blogs (10 years old) and send it to him. It is about consuming wheat grass juice and how it boosts the Hb.
    So you continue writing and don't bother about no one reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for returning my visit and commenting. :-)

      Delete