FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, August 22, 2024

NO ORDER TO CHAOS AND LIFE IS CHAOS_ Chapter Eleven_ THE GIRL WITH SILVER EYES

 

"Son, I know why you love to run with your wolves. It is the appeal of the wild. It hones your awareness, speeds your reactions, forces you to form a plan to survive in a frenzied heartbeat and act upon it. You are the most alive person I know because of this."

- Amaia



The shade of Henderson flowed like heated honey to become a vengeful moon-haired girl with eyes of flame.

Lucas shook his head. "Henderson ... if Henderson is who you truly are. You know theatrics don't work on me. I do them on stage."

Apparently, they worked on General Donovan. He had backed up to the nearest wall.

Henderson kept her hell-child form. "I told her that you did not scare ... that fear had been seared out of you."

Lucas didn't know about that last. His mouth was plenty dry.

Instead he said, "The book has a gender?"

Henderson snorted in a jarring adult voice from such a child's face. "I spoke of the girl with silver eyes. The Book is beyond sex."

Lucas returned her snort. "How boring for the Book."

Henderson's flame eyes grew haunted. "Not so you'd notice."



No comments:

Post a Comment