FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, August 12, 2024

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK i'M NOT DAMNED? _Chapter Six_ The Girl With Silver Eyes

 

"Honor and Integrity are choices. They are not always easy ones ... but the only ones worth making." 

- Lucas



Moira sputtered,

"Hey, hold on there! If to know the Book is to be damned, and you know so much about it, how come you ain't damned?" 

"Who says I am not?" 

"B-But you're still alive!" 

"Am I? Perhaps I killed my mother and damned myself?" 

"You what?" 

"Long story, sad ending, post-script yet to be written." 



Moira stiffened as if Lucas' words had stirred the ghosts of badly thought-out choices with their bitter consequences.

Lt. Henderson had similar eyes to Moira's ... maybe with similar pasts but from different worlds, different ways to make sense of a senseless life.

Lucas wished them both luck with that, though some foreboding told him Henderson was already dead or worse than dead.

How could anyone be worse than dead?

Lucas thought you could only ask that question if Life hadn't taught you that ... yet.


3 comments:

  1. I've returned. From holiday in Denmark visiting family. I have caught up with back episodes (can these be called episodes?), and as I always do, enjoy them thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misky, I am happy you enjoyed these "episodes." I hope Denmark treated you well!

      Delete
    2. Very well, thank you, Roland. It’s always nice to be with family again.

      Delete