FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, September 16, 2024

GHOST OF MARK TWAIN: Golf is a good walk spoiled but a bullet to the brain adds insult to injury!

Ghost of Mark Twain here

Golf is a strange pastime. 

You hit a small white ball as far as you can -- and if you can find it the same day --

Well, don't you know, you've won!

Now, I try to stay out of politics on Roland's electronic newspaper ---

But appears to me that the American Spirit is deader than me -- and I'm a ghost.

Why the "Party of Democracy" had its candidate installed without one vote cast for her --

Sorta like those freedom loving countries of China and Russia, don't you know.


While the so-called "Enemy of Democracy" has had more state-sanctioned arrest warrants filed on him than in any Banana Republic.

And when that didn't slow him down, why, the government assigned the Keystone Cops as protection --

though it was sorta amusing to see those small gals trying to shield him with their bodies and fail to find their gun holsters.


When the enemy of democracy managed to survive and then beat their befuddled candidate in a debate --


Why the course was clear for them -- set their pet journalists on him while debating their newly installed puppet, ah, I mean candidate.


The government of my country still seems to snub honest simplicity to fondle artistic villainy.

Why, I think I might have developed into a fine pickpocket if I had remained in public service a few years.

I'm sure that pretty gal AOC would have helped me. I mean she started out serving beer and a few years in Congress has made her a multi-millionaire!

It occurs to me that there is no distinctly native criminal class ... except our government.


Now, the "Enemy of Democracy" has had the gall to survive a second murder plot.

The phrase "Third Time's the Charm" comes to mind. 

I worry for the man ... and for the democracy for which those in power in Washington keeps wailing he is the enemy.

Oh, well, when he gets here, I'll teach him a real game: billiards! 


I promise not to cheat ... much ... by now, he'll be used to a little of that.

(Gypsy, Ghost Cat)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roland! Surprised? Well, I've been out of commission since early April and am now connecting with those bloggers I know. I've explained all on my blog.

    Anyway, American politics, like a lot of politics these days, is a strange animal. Now we have people hiding in bushes ready to take aim. I'm just annoyed that these shenanigans take up so much media space, but I guess they know a story when they see one!

    Meanwhile, WEP is going to run a special challenge for October - Horrorfest. I know you haven't written for WEP for a long time, but it'd be great for old time's sake, if you could link one of your horror stories on October 1.

    Did you know two of our original members have passed this year? Sally Stackhouse and Nancy Williams. So sad.

    Hoping to see you soon!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Sally and Nancy! That's terrible news!

      Of course, I will link a horror story to WEP on October 1 -- nine days later will be my birthday. :-)

      Delete