FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

THE BOY IS IN THE PATH OF A HURRICANE AGAIN_ Ghost of MARK TWAIN

 


"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it ... and stop there!

Lest we be like the cat who sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down a a hot stove lid again ... and that is well.

But she will never sit down on a cold one either!" 
- Mark Twain



So there I was "vittel" (that's Food to you, city folks) shopping with the boy ...

Now, don't go giving me that look, pilgrims.


To ghosts all you living are children!

Now, where was I?

Oh, yes, the boy and I were doing his weekly supply run when that dang spit-fire, Francene, decided to pay us a visit.

Why, I have seen hunting tigers act with more decorum than the folks throwing cases of water and canned goods in their shopping buggies!

I heard a ghoulish giggle beside me and turned


It was the ghost of Madame Lalaurie, her husband's scalpels in her long fingers.

"Shall I teach that rabble some manners?"

I huffed, "To teach, you must know. Now, go on with you. If you must cut someone, look in the mirror ... if you can stand the sight."

Looking a mite pale at the disappearing murderess, Roland cleared his throat and said,

"You can't blame their panic, Mr. Clemens, some of these people barely survived Hurricane Laura."

"Bosh, son! Laura was a blustery category 4. Old Francine is a mere hiccup of a One!"

"Last year, Hurricane Beryl was a "Hiccup" of a One, too, sir. She still killed 36 poor people and left 2.3 million without power for days."

Darn it all! Now, the boy has me worried. I mean if he dies, who will take care of his cat, Midnight? 

His ghost cat, Gypsy, rides on my shoulder ... and ghost cats need no vittels!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that quote from Mark Twain. And it's so true! I've often found that my bad experiences can taint any activities or areas reminiscent of the negativity, despite them not being directly related. I've become too much like the cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, me, too. Thanks so much for visiting. I've missed you.

      Delete