FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, February 19, 2010

AUTUMN THOUGHTS IN WINTER


I'm listening to the haunting melody "Autumn" by Ryan Stewart from his beautiful album, EQUANIMITY. I believe America, the world itself, may be in its Autumn. Perhaps this thought stems from me knowing that on this day in 1776, THE DECLINE & FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE was published.
Fitting.
Because I believe all of us are standing on the threshold of something that befalls every person, every civilization, but with each at a different cost. We move through the moments but are far them. And as the night descends, it feels as if we are leaving home. I'm swept up in a sense of the missed opportunity, the lost chance, the closed door. In my mind, I hear Bette Midler singing “I Think It’s Going To Rain Today” as I did when I sloshed alone down the flooded streets of Lake Charles that night after Hurricane Ike.

“Broken windows and empty hallways,
A pale dead moon in a sky streaked with grey.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it’s going to rain today.”

Brrr! Well this will teach me to listen to haunting music before I go to bed. May the twilight hold itself back for just a few seasons more for all of us.

Ryan Stewart is a classically trained composer who has composed for FACEBOOK, GEICO, and recording artist Paul Cardall {also worth checking out.} Check out Ryan on his website ryanstewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment