FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, September 2, 2016

BE KIND. REWIND.




 Old Fashioned Phrase, right?

Like Kindness, Consideration these days to the minds of so many we meet in life.

We Indie Authors are different.  We've struggled so long that we know what it is like to swim against the tide.

Now, there are only TEN ZILLION new titles put out by our friends monthly.  

We want to do right by them, be nice, courteous.

But there are just so many pennies left in our pockets at the end of the day ... 

and even less free time to read if we did buy those books.

Here's what all of us can do (and what I try to do for all my fellow writing friends) 

that are small but oh, so influential in helping a new book take its first few baby steps.

I call them my ...

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

 
1. Add the book to your Goodreads bookshelf or, better yet, purchase the book. (99 cents for my new one coming in October.)
 
2. Once you have finished reading, rate the book on sites like Amazon, B&N, or Goodreads.
 
3. If you love the book, vote for it on Goodreads's Listopia here
 
4. Post a review or comment about the book on a book blog or website.
 
5. Post a pic of the book on your social media account(s) (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc), or use the book’s hashtag (if it has one). A few (shameless) examples: #TheNotSoInnocntsAtLarge or #NotSoInnocents
 
6. Share an enjoyable quote from the book on a social media site.
 
7.  Suggest the book to a book club group.  
(Both of my NOT-SO-INNOCENTS books have sections at the back to facilitate book club discussions.)


Every little boost we can give to our fellow authors helps in BIG ways.

Still waiting for the results by the way in case you were wondering.  

Have a great weekend.  

I will be working solo both days at the blood center.  Whew! 

8 comments:

  1. Those are all simple things we can do.
    Ever see the movie Be Kind Rewind? It was a bit weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can all do these simple things to help other writer.

      If it was weird, I'm glad I never saw it! :-)

      Delete
    2. Glad for your success! "Wolfwalker" is proud of you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Roland - noted ... and I will do these things for you - well those I can ...

    Reading is the first thing .. I will do - I'm doing a bit more - cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary, for always being such a good friend, Roland

      Delete
  3. Those are all good suggestions and I always try to buy .99 deals for my friends' books but it is an endless and uphill struggle. I won't give up but I do get bogged down!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like trying to push a stalled car uphill, isn't it? Thanks for being there for all your friends, Kathleen. :-)

      Delete
  4. Those are great suggestions. I wish more non-writers would support their writer friends that way.

    ReplyDelete