FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, September 16, 2016

COMING IN FEBRUARY!







Great news!  At least for the lovers of Neil Gaiman's prose and Norse Mythology.

Hear it from Neil himself:

"I've been writing a book of retellings of Norse Mythology since about 2012. 

Writing it slowly, between other things. Reading and reading my prose Eddas and my poetic Eddas, in any editions I could find.

 Now the book is done, and will be coming out in February. 

All the stories I loved, all the myth, many of the contradictions. 

Loki and Thor and Odin and Freyr and Sif and the rest, from the beginning of things through to Ragnarok and after."


His book even ties in with my short story that I submitted to IWSG Anthology recently.  

I may not win, but it is not the winning that counts ...

It is the refusing to give up.  

The heroes, heroines, and gods of Norse Mythology would understand.

Do any of you like Neil Gaiman?

I am giving away a free Neil Gaiman audiobook to each person who reviews THE NOT-SO-INNOCENTS ABROAD by the way.

13 comments:

  1. Due to the recent films featuring Thor and Loki and Odin, etc, and the Vikings shows, I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Neil's book. Mythology is intriguing and makes for great stories. Good luck with your entry for the IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil's AMERICAN GODS is coming to cable soon, too, which has a big focus on Norse Mythology. Thanks for the well wishes for my contest entry, but I never win those things. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm sure it'll be huge!!!! I've always loved mythology. And as always, sending love your way, Roland. You're such a special person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sandra says Special Ed! Thanks for the nice words. May the way be always light and smooth for you! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland - I'm it'll be well received and worth reading ... I've been wanting to learn more about Norse mythology for a while ... so this book could be useful.

    Thanks for the offer of the audio book for a review of your The Not-So-Innocents Abroad ... Just downloaded it .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oops! Sorry. I was on the work computer, and was visiting my blog unknowingly under a co-worker's account!

      Thanks for downloading my book. I'm sure Mark Twain, that rascal, will make you laugh. :-)

      Delete
  4. I've read Neil Gaiman's comic book work, but never any of his books. I might make an exception here. I've been interested in Norse mythology since reading Thor comics as a child. Teasers I got from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby sent me to the encyclopedias as an eight-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed many of his Sandman's comics, THE BOOKS OF MAGIC from which J K Rowling shamelessly stole the idea of Harry Potter, and STARDUST comics.

      I, too, enjoyed Kirby's run on THOR. :-)

      Delete
  5. Recently finished American Gods. It was pretty good. Don't know how a TV adaptation will go. Hopefully well.

    Have read most of the Norse tale over the years. Neil Gaiman's efforts to revisit them could prove a very interesting read indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading AMERICAN GODS but was put off by the audio as I hadn't realized how often my mind had skimmed the multiple F-Bombs! A TV adaptation, as you point out, may be a bit of a challenge!

      Delete
  6. I belong to a Facebook group about Norse Mythology and it is always interesting. You are right--it is not winning that counts, it's not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, you will enjoy my short story if it is accepted by the IWSG Anthology contest. Hey, I can hope.

      The spirit of Sif just gave me a peck on the cheek for not giving up -- which got me a dirty look from Thor and a snicker from Loki! :-)

      Delete