FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, September 12, 2021

ON THE BULLSEYE AGAIN

 

This threatens to be a rainy week with Nicholas (the name of my co-worker by the way)

 having a good chance to become a hurricane. 

Super.

Sometimes it feels as if Mother Nature has declared war on Louisiana!


Speaking of war ...

No American writer is more associated with writing about war in the early 20th century than Ernest Hemingway. 

He experienced it firsthand, wrote dispatches from innumerable frontlines, 

and used war as a backdrop for many of his most memorable works.

How Hemingway coped:

"After being severely wounded two weeks before my nineteenth birthday 

I had a bad time until I figured out that nothing could happen to me that had not happened to all men before me. 

Whatever I had to do men had always done. If they had done it then I could do it too and the best thing was not to worry about it."


Have you used personal hardships and trials in any of your novels?


6 comments:

  1. Sorry you have yet another storm headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And two more on the way. But this is the height of Hurricane Season. I am getting weary of the anxiety of this yearly period spent on a bullseye! :-)

      Delete
  2. I think mother nature has declared war on the world. We need to take better care of her or we're all in deep trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roland - I do hope all has gone reasonably well ... and that there aren't any more weather-related worries ahead. Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for being concerned! I was just thinking about you as I was driving to work today, Time has become an endangered species with me thanks to Covid-19. Stay well!

      Delete