FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, December 3, 2023

DECEMBERING: NO INTERNAL DIALOGUE?


  30 to 50% of people don't have internal monologues! 

As in they don't have conversations with themselves in their heads. 

And as someone who often internalizes my thoughts like dialogues between 

the ghosts of Mark Twain, Freud, and Harlan Ellison ---

or constantly asking myself: "What am I missing?"

 this fact absolutely baffles me.


Most of us have an inner voice: 

that constant presence that tells you to “Watch out,” or “Buy shampoo,” or 

“Urgh, this girl’s so vain and not like one of the weather kinds!”

 For many of us, this voice sounds much like our own, or at least how we think we sound.

I write my books usually in first person:

to me it makes sense because we (the readers) need to know what’s going on in the story.

But I have friends and readers who are thrown off by my protagonist

thinking to himself or remembering a like incident in the past ...

It derails their enjoyment of the action.

Current science says it is possible for people to live without inner monologues. 

Those people just happen to think in a more blatant version compared 

to those of us who do have inner monologues. 

Also, it does explain a lot about the current world today.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

2 comments:

  1. My internal dialogue is almost constant. As a matter of fact it just told me what to write in this comment box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too. Just because people say they have no inner monologue does not make it so, right? How can we check something like that?

      Delete