FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

DECEMBERING: WHO DO YOU WRITE REVIEWS FOR? IWSG Post

 


The uber-capitalist Jason Rutherford, founded a company by which self-published authors could buy 

positive 5-star reviews on Amazon, which helps boost sales to the masses.

John Locke started as a door-to-door insurance salesman, was successful enough to buy his own insurance company, and then became a real estate investor. 

In 2009, he turned to writing fiction. 

By the middle of 2011, his nine novels, most of them suspense tales starring a former C.I.A. agent, Donovan Creed, 

had sold more than a million e-books through Amazon, making him the first self-published author to achieve that distinction.

His secret? He bought hundreds of dollars of positive reviews.


C. Lee McKenzie has written a riveting, absorbing YA novel that will be published on the 8th.

She takes us into the perspective of a puzzled ghost and makes us care and root for her.

Also she wraps us into the intrigues of a small desert town bullied by a mercenary store-owner and his dysfunctional son.

Lee draws us into a star-crossed love between a newcomer teen and a frightened girl, the unwilling target of the affections of the dysfunctional son with the lovely, but appropriate, name of Snake.

The more positive reviews your book has, the higher it will rank in Amazon's search results, increasing your book's discoverability. 

This will ultimately lead to more book sales. 

Amazon's algorithms have changed. 

I have read that unless your new book garners 30 positive reviews within the first month of publication, it will sink in the rankings.

Acquiring a large number of book reviews on Amazon is difficult, especially for new or unknown authors that are still building a readership.

SO WHAT TO DO?

The goal of platforms such as BooksproutStoryOrigin, and BookFunnel

 is to connect authors with readers.

I believe that in this world of darkness, we are the light for our friends trapped in it.

So when a friend asks for a review, I give it. Do You?

Who do you write a book review for, really?

The cardiologists tell me that SAME AS IT NEVER WAS will probably be my last book. I hope not.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNR5T9DW

It is on Kindle Unlimited, so if you have it, you could download it essentially for free.

I am not asking for a review here ... I think that is prohibited on IWSG posts.

But when the thought of Christmas presents comes to you ...     :-)


If you don't drop by again before Christmas ... Have A Blessed Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Roland. That's a good example from Amazon sales. I wish you good health and a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia. :-) No lumps of coal in your stocking this Christmas, only many happy surprises! And good health, too!

      Delete
  2. I don't think any of my books have received thirty reviews right out of the gate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Times and algorithms change and not always for the better. My heart can tell you all about that! Thanks for always being in my corner, Alex.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant post. So thoughtful and honest. I did not like hearing without 30 reviews in the first month, my book will sink. Just released it in November. I agree. I have experience. I'm sorry to hear your heart is nearly worn out. Looks like it helped you write a bunch of scary books. Love those book covers. Wishing you all the best with your next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have my protagonist say in my latest book: All you have to do to win is get up one more time than they knock you down. :-)

      Thank you for the kind words about my covers ... I try to make my books touch the heart despite the fear.

      I just picked up your book. So look for the numbers to go up a little.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and my protagonist speaks to God at the end of my latest novel ... or Elohim as he calls him, and He speaks back ... and a rabbi is one of my chief characters.

      Delete
  4. What makes it even more difficult is Amazon won't let reviews be posted until the book is released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is frustrating ... unless you are Neil Gaiman, James Patterson, or Stephen KIng!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the information. I think people still buy reviews and unless I see a range of stars I don't believe they are honest.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socrates believed that to doubt was the beginning of wisdom. :-) I must have offended some people for how few have visited this IWSG post. Guess I will make up my own question next month as is my wont.

      Delete