FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, May 14, 2015

6 Great Ways to Get People to STOP VISITING YOUR BLOG!


“Step right up and don’t read my blog!”


Would you ever write that on your blog?  You just might be if ...

1.)  Make it hard for me to find the comments box:

If I am taking time out of my day to read what you have to say but have a hard time finding the comment/reply option,

don’t expect me to comment.

Knowing I am unable to interact with you, I might not return.

Make it easy for me to find your comment/reply option.



2.) Keep the load time at its absolute maximum:

If your blog post/title catches my eye, but once I click to get there,

your load take takes what seems like forever, I might not come back.

*) Want to avoid this?

The more images, videos and other multi-media you have on your blog the longer it will take to load.

 However, images and other multimedia are important to attracting users to your blog SO

Decrease the size of your images or use thumbnails that link to the full-size image.




3.) Post content sporadically or rarely:

Do you like getting your news current or just now and then with no order to it?

 Most of us like up-to-date information.

Once your readers know your blog exists, take time to nurture and craft a blog post with regularity.

Even if you decide to post once a week, don’t stray from that.

Consistency breeds loyalty.



4.) Ignore Your Readers:

Don’t engage with people and neglect reciprocating on their blogs to ensure minimum repeat visitors to your blog.

Seriously, the first word in social media is “social”—

it’s a two-way street.

Talk to your readers, visit the blogs that visit you, engage with your audience.

Content is king but interaction rules the online social media universe.




5.) Have lots of WHINE to the cheese of your posts:

You might be one of the greatest new writers around, but if you whine continuously then expect a drop in visitors.

Depressing life-events dumps itself on my doorstep daily

so I really don't have to go out of my way to your blog for the experience!


6.) If you hawk it, they will come:

Ever been to those blogs that has tons of advertisements that shout at you?

How did you feel?

Having some advertisements is alright but crowding your blog with banners and links would turn off your readers.

Moreover, blogs with lots of advertisements usually take a long time to load,

which I’m sure you know, is not good for SEO purposes.

What do you think are ways to get people to stop visiting your blog?



17 comments:

  1. I dislike whinny, negative posts. Once in awhile is understandable, but I do stop following if they show up a lot. However, I have read hysterical whinny posts, and those are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I figure the reason I don't have a lot of visitors is due to boredom or lack of interesting posts. I don't know. Anyway, good post. I like all the Calvin and Hobbes comics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly:
    Humor is a great way to keep visitors coming back again and again, right? :-) So good to see you here again!!

    Madilyn:
    It is hard to know how our posts are viewed by visitors, isn't it? Yes, Calvin & Hobbs are my Go-To when down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent points Roland, and I agree with them all. I also don't like reading whining, or excuses for why there is no posts. If you don't have something interesting to say, don't post vacant filler. Also I wonder how many with few comments visit and comment on others' blogs. Many do not. I had a few who never reciprocated, and that's pretty arrogant. Some choose only to visit those with specified categories. I confess - I do avoid blogs who hide their profile or seem to be superfluous or using the challenge as a marketing tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgive my is where there should be an are. . .early morn for me.

      Delete
  5. D.G.:
    Those who comment with Google+ make it harder to find out where their blogs are to reciprocate with a visit. I would never use Google+ for that reason. I want my friends to be able to find me! :-)

    I try to make it a rule: of you visit, I will visit -- unless Google+ hides where you are! Thanks so much for being my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with those, although I am guilty of a lot of images in my sidebar. No ads though. Never have never will.
    You're sixth point can also include only talking about your book or book. If it's all about your reviews, your sales figures, your books, I won't be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure a lot of bla bla bla would do it. I try to keep that to a minimum for that reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good points. I used to whine quite a bit because I was so depressed. My followers were supportive, but as I started to feel better, I learned to leave negativity in a place other than my blog.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reciprocity is the key for me.
    If you don't visit, my visits will drop off.
    And I appreciate honesty. And integrity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you are pointing at me... me, the loser... sad face. I think I will do better, I promise... please come back.

    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex:
    Enough about me! What do YOU think of me, right? :-) I am the last one to talk of images, too. But I try to be entertaining in my posts, hoping as a visitor reads she might be intrigued with one of my books in the side bar.

    R Mac:
    I love your photo posts. :-)

    Janie:
    Your friends want to be there for you when you are down -- as we all get down. It's those who whine about every subject that gets old, right? :-)

    Elephant's Child:
    It's getting the time to visit what with my hectic schedule: I just dragged in after a 10 hour day, driving 300 miles. Whew!!

    Jeremy:
    I'm NOT talking about you. You have your own fun style, and I visit as often as I can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the points you raised are ones I want to keep in mind when I reboot/redesign my blog. I also feel bad for not reciprocating enough with a few visitors. And above all I want to make my blog funnier, like those wonderful old Calvin and Hobbes cartoons, but also as insightful as your blog is, Roland my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it should be a specific analysis, make sure your topic is fairly specific. If it is too general, you must choose a narrower subtopic to discuss. More help with essays here case study writing service.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips! However, if you want to truly deter people from visiting your blog, why not just make it a site filled with harmful misinformation? Better yet, encourage people to self-diagnose and avoid seeking medical advice. Don't talk to a doctor online free now, just trust the random person on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a humorous take on what not to do when trying to attract readers to your blog! As someone who has used "do my assignment for me cheap" services in the past, I appreciate the reminder to avoid using clickbait titles and overwhelming readers with ads. This post highlights the importance of creating a user-friendly experience for your readers. Thanks for the helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog post on "6 Great Ways to Get People to STOP VISITING YOUR BLOG" is a clever and humorous take on what not to do. With the help of professional assignment writers, you've captured attention with engaging content. Your insights are both practical and entertaining, providing valuable lessons for bloggers. Keep up the excellent work in sharing your expertise and keeping us entertained while learning essential blogging dos and don'ts!

    ReplyDelete