FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lexa Cain's Summer Blog Hop_SHANGRI LA





Shangri La

First, you must pilgrimage to Zhongdia county in China 

where the poet Tao Yuanming of the Jin Dynasty (265–420) described Shangri-La 
in his work  
The Tale of the Peach Blossom.


But that is only the first stage 
of your perilous journey.  

Many are the obstacles and guardians 
to this fabled realm.



The lazy attempt to reach it through 
the Diqing Shangri la Airport in Yunan China 

but where their plane lands 
is not their desired destination, 

for the lazy and selfish do not attain 
their souls' desire.




No, only those hearts who forget reward 
in their quest to ease the suffering of even the least of all things ...




suddenly take an unexpected bend 
in life's crooked trail, 

look up, 
and finally see the gateway to fabled Shangri la,




the end of their struggles,
and 
the beginning of their journey to enlightenment. 



Here's wishing you find your own  
Shangri la 
this summer.

12 comments:

  1. Summer? You can keep it. The firefighter giving the koala a drink is one of the reasons it is NOT my favourite season. Rather a lot of the state burned that day. Lives were lost - including rather a lot of animals. Homes were lost. Including rather a lot of animal homes....
    My Shangri la is much more moderate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mountains of Tibet are the opposite of warm! And summer is not my favorite season -- I have been manditorily evacuated from my city THREE times due to hurricanes. NOT FUN! Especially the destruction to my city each time. :-(

      Delete
  2. I will be loppity-lopping and writing all summer. No real va-cay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No vacations for me either! :-( Too many bills not enough money!! Best of the season to you. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm amazed there's really a Shangri La airport! I had no idea. Thanks for all the info and the lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says the Chinese don't know how to attract tourists, right? :-) Glad to join in the fun,

      Delete
  4. I'd prefer to discover Avalon of the mists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much intrigue and back-stabbing in Avalon for me!!

      Delete
  5. The pictures are wonderful. I especially like the koala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the koala photo is one of my favorites. And if anyone deserves to stumble into Shangri La, it is that kind fireman! :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I certainly would love to find a path to the place! :-)

      Delete