FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, January 5, 2019

HOW TO KILL A BOOK QUICKER


“You can kill a book quicker 
by your silence 
than by a bad review.”
E.A. Bucchianeri 


My good friend, D.G. Hudson, has written a fine review of my short story collection, Silhouettes in the Key of Scream.

 https://dghudson-rainwriting.blogspot.com/2019/01/silhouettes-short-story-collection.html


She bought the book on Amazon, but Amazon would not allow her to post the review 

because she had not spent enough money on the site in the past year!

Have you ever heard of such a thing?!

Please visit her blog and read her review.  

I fear her visitor tally will be lower because of doing a review instead of a regular post.

Also Midnight would like it since his picture is on her site, too!

A last word from one of our presidents:

 “People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like. [in review of a book]”
Abraham Lincoln

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug, Roland. My post won't show up on some reading lists as I started it 5 wks ago and updated it rather than delete and start again. So it shows as posted 5 wks ago. Sorry for any confusion. . . Loved the collection, read it in small portions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad you liked the book. I receive so few reviews that any attention is good attention. :-)

      Delete
  2. Amazon is crazy like that. At least they haven't ruined Goodreads yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also unable to post reviews on Amazon suddenly. It lasted for about six months. I called several times to inquire without a response other than a rote email. Finally, I am able to post again but they never did explain it!

    I bought your short story collection and just started it early this morning. :) I'll pop over to D.G.'s site but I don't want to read spoilers :D
    The above quote caught my attention, Roland. I have had several people tell me that Amazon wasn't letting them review my book as well (also a short story collection). I'm afraid the silence may kill it. Well, I just keep writing to maintain momentum.

    ReplyDelete