FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, November 1, 2021

Why PROMOTE OTHERS' BOOKS On Your Blog? IWSG Post

 


The same is true of blog posts on others' books.


Covid-19, 2 hurricanes, and just days ago, a tornado ravaging my city has made marketing a nightmare for me.

So I only take time to recommend entertaining reads.


Don't let "Book 3" throw you. 

It is a complex mystery that incorporates romance, Norse myth, and werewolf lore in a riveting experience. 

A rogue werewolf changed a police woman. 

She will find that creature even if it means accepting a job as a detective in a town full of werewolves. 

Another fine mystery that hits the heart. 
On her way to the winter Olympics,
19 year old Libby Brown is
T-Boned by a snowboarder
on her last practice run.

Waking up in the hospital
unable to move her legs,
Libby suspects it was 
no accident.

Will the truth further shatter her,
or will it forge a new destiny?


Why should you spotlight others' books?

One -

Word of mouth ... virtually. Be there for someone when they need it.

It will make you feel good.


Two - 

Be kind to your blog audience.

If you liked a book, odds are someone in your virtual audience will, too.

Three -

It may grow your own audience, too.

Working with a fellow blogger will introduce their audience to you.

Sowing seeds leads to surprising things.


What other benefits can your come up with?


15 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - all good benefits for authors with new books. Lee's "Shattered" sounds an interesting read ... people can be so cruel, but to disable a rival in that context is dreadful. Thanks for the post - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it has happened. :-( Thanks for visiting and staying to chat. :-)

      Delete
  2. Do onto others! Giving is always better than receiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will Rogers said, "When someone else toots your horn, it sounds louder." :-)

      Delete
  3. Promoting your own book is like an ad. Promoting someone else's is seen as more "editorial" and therefore credible. Makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our books are like our children: we tend to be prejudiced about them, right? :-)

      Delete
  4. I just think supporting others books is the right thing to do. If they are kind enough to support mine, it's a bonus. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a pleasant surprise, Roland. I'm honored that you added my new book to your post today. That was very kind.

    I agree about featuring other writers on your blog. It's positive on so many levels and adds interest to your blog.

    Thanks again for putting Shatter here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy and proud to do so. I will always try to have your back. :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy IWSG Day, Roland! You have certainly been through more than most people. I think it's important for us to support our fellow members in the IWSG! I don't have a book published yet, but I have lots of fun reading books that our members are publishing and spreading the word. I hope that things start going easier for you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My latest book, NIGHT SEASONS, was written and completed while I was homeless for 7 months. A real challenge! I am sending you my Christmas fantasy as a thank you. :-)

      Delete
  7. One other reason I promote others' books - it's fun!
    In fact, my November post promotes my friend's new book "Dragon Roar"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy IWSG day. Covid, two hurricanes and a tornado are a lot. I love your memes as well as your reasons for featuring other writer's books on your blog. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something wonderful about others believing in our work.

    I hope life is getting better for you, Roland. You've been a part of nearly every kind of disaster.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been spared an earthquake. Oops! Now, I've gone and done it. :-) Scan the headlines for an earthquake in Louisiana!

      Delete