FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Why You Should Print a HARDCOVER of Your Book_ISWG Post

 

1. EARN 60% Royalties on your HARDBACK! (Less Cost of Printing)

    Yes, KDP offers  the same on paperbacks, but you set the price for both formats, and folks will pay more for a book that feels substantial in their hands.


2. You reach NEW readers

    Some readers feel that Kindle books, even paperbacks, are not REAL books, not quality ...

 just toss-offs with no true effort put behind their creation.


3. PAPERBACKS are a glut in the marketplace.

    KDP has just recently offered the ability to put out a hardcover of your book. 

Don't you wish you had been on the ground floor of the Kindle craze?


4. Your COVER looks AWESOME in glossy Hardcover.

    I received Proof copies of two of my hardcovers at work and received orders for the Hardcover from my co-workers just by their seeing how great they looked in that format.


5. Hardcovers' spines look GREAT on your readers' bookshelves. 

    I have had long-time readers ask for HARDCOVER copies of paperbacks they have already bought for that reason.


ALL of my DARK HOLLYWOOD SAGA is now in Hardcover!


BOOK 0
Death Accepts No Stunt Doubles
$12.99


BOOK ONE
What would have a Dexter-like Personality done in the O.S.S. & Post-War Hollywood?
$12.99

BOOK TWO
$12.97

(Just in time for Christmas, my French Quarter homage to Charles Dickens is out!)


BOOK THREE
Mardi Gras & Valentine's Was Never So Deadly
$12.99


BOOK FOUR
Sometimes all the light we have is 
what we nourish in our hearts.
$13.59



Whatever your choice of path to writing success,
I wish you a strong wind at your back.


And May Holiday Magic Pay You A Wondrous Visit This Month!

15 comments:

  1. That's cool your books are in hardback. We've purged a lot of our library and pretty much hardbacks are all we kept.
    Merry Christmas, Roland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurricane Laura purged most of my library ... and like you, those few that I managed to salvage were hardbacks. Merriest of Christmases, Alex!

      Delete
  2. I love this article and wholeheartedly agree. Hardback books are worth it.

    I NEED a strong wind at my back. :)

    Teresa C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pray that strong wind gently pushes through whatever travail you now find yourself in, Teresa.

      Delete
  3. There's a great heft to hardback books. My novels have only been digital so far. I have a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Roland! I haven't taken the plunge yet, but may just do that after reading your blog.

    Happy December! Olivia/O.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiest of Holidays, Olivia! The covers to hardbacks are contrary to format, but thanks to Heather McCorkle and Michael DeVeau, I got them done.:-)

      Delete
  5. Paperback, eBook, and audio are all I can handle right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more formats you use, the wider net you cast for new readers. I hope. :-)

      Delete
  6. I've heard and read about Kindle's new hardcover program but haven't thought much about it because I've always assumed most people are more willing to purchase the paperback to save on bucks. But now that you mention the benefits, I might reconsider offering a hardcover edition of my books. Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least for your new or most bought books, Steven. Also I am investigating the library aspect: to contact local libraries to see if they would consider my books. :-)

      Delete
  7. Great post, Roland. I wish I had control over this choice, but the publisher makes the decision. One of the downsides of not self-publlishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always a downside to most situations, Lee. :-) A healing holiday season to you.

      Delete
  8. I agree, hard covers are definitely worth the time in making and adding to your stock.

    ReplyDelete