FIRED ON MY DAY OFF AND ON MY BIRTHDAY

FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, October 14, 2024

WHAT LIES AHEAD?

 

As regular readers of my blog already know, Trick or Trick came early for me this month.


 I remember the words I put in the mouth of my outcast angel, Darael.

 "The Creator has shaped the world in such a way that there will always be troubles so that there will always be a time for heroes, a time for Man to be better than what he believes he can be."


Hero? 

Not hardly. 

I have lost how I make a living.

I am about to lose where I live, most of the possessions I cannot afford to move.


Above is the famous painting by Viktor Vasnetsov, The Knight at the Crossroads (1882.)


What does the stone say?

 Does it matter?

The past is what it was. 

Our current state is where our choices led us.

What lies ahead may be fraught with peril or death. In that age there was no Google.

There really is no Google now that forecasts our future with certainty.

We do the best we can with what we have. Make the best decisions with the facts at hand.

And deal with the consequences ... and fight the Darkness ... until we can't.

Oh, you want to know what the stone really said? 

You won't be any happier than the knight who could read it.


Wish me luck. The way ahead is dark, and I am scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment