FIRED ON MY DAY OFF AND ON MY BIRTHDAY

FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

NO SAFE MODE TO LIFE

 


Have you noticed? The melodies that stick with us are the bittersweet ones.

At least that is the way with me.

Life moves on without us. Time slips through our fingers whether we’re spending it wisely or not ...

whether we even sense it slipping away or not.



There is a relentless forward current to Nature. It sweeps onward like an uncaring river carrying us with her. 

No opportunity to catch our breaths on the banks, for there are no banks to life.

We swim... well, badly... or sink.

There is no Safe Mode to life.


I am not telling you anything of which you are unaware:

Life has become something of a stretch of rapids for most of us.

I hope today finds you in a better spot than you have been struggling in.

For me ...

Well, it has been interesting ... as in the Chinese curse sort of interesting.

Covid claiming me, blood running during a pandemic, 

having my apartment destroyed by Hurricane Laura while I was trapped within it. 

That was ... interesting.

Being homeless for seven months as my city was mostly destroyed by Laura and Delta that followed two weeks later.

A massive heart attack last Halloween ... all trick and no treat.

Back to driving rare blood ... but now, with a camera on the windshield, facing me, monitoring for any minor infraction ...

I commit even one, and I am terminated.

Interesting.

Guess what?

I committed that one. Ouch.


Mother once told me: 

No one has the right to complain about something that is happening to everyone.

We all have been bobbing along some rough currents these past few years.

I pray that those currents have calmed and you find yourselves in a better place with people who care.

I hope the person you see in the mirror is wiser, if not sadder, at the tuition paid.

We are small only if we allow ourselves to become that way.

Be Large. Live Each Breath. Be kind.


Ever wonder what your 
last book will be?

I think mine will be the above.

{A meld of OLIVER TWIST, FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR, and BAND OF BROTHERS.}

If you are curious about it:


Oh, and in the print versions, there is even an image of Midnight, my cat, at the end who I managed to keep with me during those seven ... interesting ... months.

He is shamelessly asking for reviews of my book, since he gets extra tuna when I am happy.

Well, this post has certainly taken a turn I hadn't expected ... just like life has for all of us, right?

Live on purpose, follow your heart, become your dream.


“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.” 

- Sister Ameal



No comments:

Post a Comment