FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

WOULD YOU WRITE HORROR? IWSG Post

 

Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/blackrabbitkdj-13427895/

We are living in a horror movie.

The Russians are said to be deploying 
a Poseidon torpedo.

Fact is they may have already deposited one off our shores months ago


Then, there is Russia's Dead Hand:


Of course, WWIII may be on the
brink of starting:


It seems Trick or Treat has 
come early,
doesn't it?

OCTOBER is horror month. 

It is popular to be scared now.

But not this scared, right? 

After all, movies, shows, and months eventually end

Do you know what galvanized President Regan 

to work so hard for world peace? 

A TV movie.


I have been finding it hard to write about 

fictional horror, 

feeling too much like Nero

fiddling while Rome burned.


Scientific studies indicate that those

who are not so empathic

can enjoy horror movies more

than those who feel more

negatively about those in torment.

What do you think?

Stephen King wrote:

"I think people do kind of gravitate towards horror stories when times are tough, and times are scary."

Have you found writing harder these days?

There is a quote from LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA:

"Human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them.

But Life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves."

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymously Esther, East of the Sun, First email today wasn't IWSG, was very, very scared, and on the other side of the world. Why scared ? Same reasons as mine, and yours. Ghosts might be more scared themselves, like my ghost child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of us carry ghosts with us -- the ghosts of who we once were.

      Delete
  2. I might be not so empathic then:) God! I wish I don’t live up to see WW3 and I'm only 14. The first book I initiated to write was horror. Writing is harder these days for Time is horrifically fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time slips through our fingers too fast these days. If you can manage to write just a page a day, you will get a novel written in a year. I wish you the best of success in your writing, Anastasia.

      Delete
  3. Real life is more frightening than fiction. I can enjoy good horror because it's nothing compared to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, writing has been an escape. I don't want to stick my head in the sand, but I can only listen to so much bad news before I need a break. God is in control anyhow. I've been reduced to praying about it. What else can I do at this point? I never thought I'd see the things I've been seeing lately in my lifetime. This is definitely not the America I grew up in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write more paranormal than horror and like Melissa, it's an escape. And it's not the America I grew up in, either. Current leaders are perverting it.

    ReplyDelete