FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

95,000 pre-orders for KINDLE FIRE on the 1st day!?

Not only that, but pre-orders have reached 2,000 AN HOUR or

50,000 A DAY!

If this level of consumer demand for the Kindle Fire continues, Amazon will have

2.5 MILLION pre-orders

for the device before it officially goes on sale on November 15th.

Lady Gwen asked, "What's so great about the KINDLE FIRE?"

A few things stand out :

The Kindle Fire is a tablet with a 7-inch screen, giving it a similar look and feel as the RIM BlackBerry Playbook or Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 .

It runs a heavily modified version of Google's operating system, includes 8GB of internal memory, and begins shipping to U.S. customers on November 15.

With it, you can read e-books using Amazon's popular Kindle software,

download Android apps and games using Amazon's Appstore,

purchase music using Amazon's MP3 store, and

stream video using Amazon's video on-demand service.

The common thread here is that Amazon's suite of digital stores and services are all loaded and ready to go out of the box.

Of course, many basic features are covered, as well. You can browse the Web, e-mail your friends, read PDFs, and listen to locally stored music, without any trouble.

In terms of system performance, the Kindle Fire includes a dual-core processor, a Micro-USB 2.0 port, and an estimated 8 hours of battery life.

Unlike the iPad 2, the Kindle Fire supports Adobe Flash Web content!

Amazon's vast server farms are good for more than just storage.

A unique Web browser called Silk is included on the Kindle Fire;

it splits the work of loading Web pages between the device and Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) system.

The result will lead to faster page loads,

as well as some predictive loading of content and sites you access often.

No other tablet on the market has a feature like this--not even Apple.
How many units did Amazon make? Millions they said. But how many exactly?

How soon after November 15th before they sell out?

AND YOU COULD WIN ONE HERE!

Along with autographs of

Aleander Skarsgard

(Eric Northman of TRUE BLOOD) when Victor's sales hit 120,000 on the Amazon Sales Ranking. Not that hard to hit.

Megan Fox (at 100,000 ASR)

Brad Pitt & Cate Blanchett (at 80,000 ASR)

Angelina Jolie (at 60,000 ASR)

AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK UP A COPY OF THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH and REVIEW IT.

How hard is that?

AND THERE ARE THOSE AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTERS TO WIN, TOO :

AVATAR

FROM DUSK TO DAWN

THE COLOR PURPLE

THE ROCK

SERENITY

THE LORD OF THE RINGS and

HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (with J K ROWLING'S!)
***

12 comments:

  1. Yep, very cool! Wish I could participate, but I'm in the newbie throes of publishing my first sharecropper story and time-challenged. But wanted to stop by and see how you're doing. How 'bout den Tigers? (Being #1 makes me nervous, too soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Legend of Victor Standish sounds amazing. What makes the Kindle Fire so special? Those are some awesome numbers! I don't have a kindle, I have a Sony Reader - I wonder, do they have your book on Sony's ebook store? I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kittie :
    How about this? Just buy my book and hit the LIKE button. You don't even have to read it.

    Reading my blog as you do, you have always read a part of Victor's adventures anyway.

    Do that, and I will buy your book and REVIEW it on my blog plus do an INTERVIEW with you at Meilori's. Deal? And my money's always on the Tigers!

    Lady Gwen :
    In response to your question, I am going to add a bit about the KINDLE FIRE.

    If you have a computer, you can download FOR FREE the application at Amazon, FREE KINDLE FOR PC. The link to it is right under my book trailers.

    Victor's looking down. Not even Alice flirting with him can bring up his spirits. But a few of you buying his book would make his day! (Mine, too. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extraordinary. Technology never ceases to blow me away. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header with your cover in it! And another great giveaway. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only been following you a short period of time, but you constantly amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy :
    I am constantly amazed with technology, too. The sad thing is that the winner will get an Amazon Kindle Fire I will! LOL!

    Heather :
    Thanks for the compliment about my header. My best friend, Sandra, asked me, "Is that blue-eyed model going to sell your books, or will your cover?" Oops. I changed my header immediately. Sandra is usually right!

    Richard :
    Thanks. Balancing my blog, my writing, and working full time is a chore! Someone play the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE theme! LOL. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...should you ever consider a career change into the marketing industry, I will make you an offer worth listening to, my friend ;)

    Fantastic!

    El

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new Header! I wish you great luck with your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elliot :
    Would you send me your address so that I can send you your autographed Laurell K. Hamilton DANSE MACABRE.

    And please write a review of Victor if you can. I've already given away 3 of the prizes!

    Wendy :
    Isn't Leonora Roy's artwork fantastic? Almost as great as your trailer for Victor! Please write a review, for I have already given away 3 of the prizes! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool this device, almost incredible.

    ReplyDelete