FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ANN BEST and ANGELA BROWN_ My heroes!



ANN BEST of ANN CARBINE'S BEST BLOG :

http://annbestblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/getting-back-to-blogging-and-promoting-bloggers-books-applause-for-roland-yeomans/#comment-1133

has done a lyrical "non-review" review of THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH. Her words leave me stunned with their grasp of my world.

I tried to layer Victor's perceptions of his world in layers that repeated readings would bring new enjoyment and new revelations. I tried to reach out and touch the reader's heart and bring my heroes to life.

Ann's words let me know I succeeded with her. As writers you know how deeply grateful that makes us when it happens.

Especially so since Ann's world is crowded with demands and writing dreams of her own. Please visit her post and tell her thanks for me!!

We, as struggling writers, all stagger sometimes under the loads of life. Please give her a pat on the back and words of supportive encouragement.

ANGELA BROWN of

IN A PURSUIT OF PUBLISHNESS

http://publishness.blogspot.com/

has taken time out of her own struggles to find realization of her dreams of becoming published -- which includes writing, editing, queries, and enduring the rejections that seem to be like cuts of a razor

to write a spotlight of bashful moi and my latest mythic fantasy, LAST EXIT TO BABYLON.

She even mentions this blog and posts my book trailer for the trilogy that leads up to LAST EXIT TO BABYLON : the LOVE LIKE DEATH trilogy!

After a long night of driving 500 miles through blinding rains interspersed with dense fog that frankly terrified me, this day has been a truly needed balm!

Thank you, special ladies -- ANN BEST and ANGELA BROWN!

You're my heroes, Roland

9 comments:

  1. And I read both of those today! Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this, Roland. I am very touched. YOU are the one who amazes ME!

    I came over to let you know that I just posted the Victor Standish review on Amazon, modifying what I wrote on my post so it would make sense there.

    You have the most amazing imagination. I am hoping that your books in 2012 will find the wide audience they deserve!
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a follower of Angela's and am looking forward to checking out Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great spotlight! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome reviews. It is wonderful when someone gets it. Of course, it must mean they're crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on both reviews. Way to go.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex :
    Thank you for reading them both, too! My hat's off to you for being able to visit and comment on so many blogs. My harried job as a rare blood courier leaves with so little free time! It means a lot for you to visit mine and comment, Roland

    Ann :
    I pray that 2012 is OUR year to be recognized and do well in sales. Your lyrical review on Amazon is just the sort to make a stranger want to read my novel! Thank you so much for posting it on Amazon! Roland

    Tonja :
    Friends like Ann, Angela, and you make me feel very blessed!

    Heather :
    I'm sure you will love Ann's blog!

    Emily :
    Thanks. Your story on your blog about your young daughter, asking to be allowed to go out on a "date" made me smile and feel better for having read it, Roland

    Erin :
    None of my friends or positive reviewers are crazy! I'm the only crazy one I know! LOL.

    I hated about those Amazon bullies yesterday. Made me want to sic Alice on them!

    Mason :
    Thanks for the encouragement! May this year be YOUR year as well! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roland .. great post for Ann and Angela - supportive friends ..

    Amazon bullies are the pits - as are any bullies .. unfortunately they're so into themselves and terrified to go beyond their own boundaries.

    With thoughts Hilary

    ReplyDelete