FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A CHANCE TO HEAR "NO!" FROM JOHNNY DEPP

 
Want to hear cool?


Johnny Depp is going to help run a publishing imprint.

Already on the list of books is one about Bob Dylan, "The Unraveled Tales of Bob Dylan," which aims to set the record straight on the songwriter's enigmatic life and career and will be complied and based in part on interviews with Dylan by best-selling historian Douglas Brinkley.

Depp's imprint will share its name with his production company, Infinitum Nihil, meaning "Nothing is forever."

The imprint will be part of HarperCollins Publishers, which announced Monday that Depp will seek "authentic, outspoken and visionary ideas and voices."

"I pledge, on behalf of Infinitum Nihil,

that we will do our best to deliver publications worthy of peoples' time, of peoples' concern, publications that might ordinarily never have breached the parapet,"

Depp said in a statement released by HarperCollins.

"For this dream realized, we would like to salute HarperCollins for their faith in us and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship together."

Just think: you can submit and actually get rejected by Johnny Depp!  How cool is that?  (From the AP wires)

Other news:


- Clark Gregg is returning to the world of "The Avengers" in the television spin-off "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D."

Not even an apparent on-screen death can keep Gregg and his no-nonsense S.H.I.E.L.D. alter-ego Agent Coulson away from the action for long. In "The Avengers," Gregg's murder helps unify the superhero members of the team and spurs them to save the world from Loki and his intergalactic accomplices.

"I thought it was something I wasn't going to get to do again," Gregg admitted at New York Comic-Con over the weekend.

The television show will reunite Gregg with Joss Whedon, who directed "The Avengers." Whedon will executive produce the series and co-write the pilot. Work on the show is underway for ABC, which, like Marvel, is owned by Disney.

News that makes my co-worker, Eric, happy:



Scarlet Johannson has broken up with NYC ad exec, Nate Naylor.  So she is a single lady once again.  "On the market" as crass Eric would say.  Ah, not so fast, Eric.  In June she was seen very happy with Bradley Cooper.

(Johnny Depp's Hollywood Star photo by Dan Leveille)

Just because I like the tune:

13 comments:

  1. Hearing no from Depp will crush some women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex:
    But just think: they had the chance to approach him! :-) if only in prose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for that chance to hear No from Johnny Depp. I do also admire his acting work and his sense of humor. His portrayal of Hunter S. Thompson was funny.

    We all have our faves, Roland, Depp is one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take that chance, too, Roland. Depp's a fav. He's got a streak in him I admire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I have to admit this story made me laugh. I'm gonna query him, and I don't have anything to submit, I'm gonna make it up!!!

    Seriously, the Agent Coulson story is better. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't mind hearing 'no' from Johnny Depp. Just saying ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rejection from Johnny Depp would be bittersweet... where do I submit again? (;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roland, I just received the prize from a previous contest draw (the R. Downey Jr. card) Merci.

    I will give it a special place in my study.

    ReplyDelete
  9. D.G.:
    Just think if you submitted to his new imprint ... and was ACCEPTED! How cool would that be?

    I'm glad you received the Robert Downey, Jr. autotgraph. It was the spirit of Johnny Depp that helped! :-)

    Kittie:
    It would be a hoot to even get a rejection slip from his new imprint, wouldn't it? For me, it would have to be an imprint by Cate Blanchett!

    Donna:
    Just think if you got his autograph on the rejection? And isn't having the dry-humored Agent Coulson back a fun story?

    Wendy:
    For me it would be Cate Blanchett or Olivia Wilde!

    Elise:
    Yes, but it would be an experience, wouldn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roland, that could be a beautiful dream. . . getting the book accepted, that is. Having to deal with J. Depp would be icing on the cake. Thank his spirit btw if you see him. Liked the bookmark too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. D.G.:
    Yes, it would be a beautiful dream. Mine is that Neil Gaiman stumbles across my blog and likes it so much that he mentions it on HIS blog. Hey, I write fantasy! :-)

    Glad you liked the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better yet, think if Johnny said yes.Interesting news about S.H.I.E.L.D. Josh Whedon is one of my favorites, seems he gets lucky with almost everything he touches :) Intergalatic Loki...LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, rejection from Johnny Depp! Funny what a girl gets excited about isn't it? hehe

    ReplyDelete