FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DID I NOTICE YOUR BOOK? FOUR IN THE MORNING and FIRE'S DAUGHTER


Ciara Knight and Ninja Alex Cavanaugh have this clever blogfest!


Here are the guidelines:

Post about a book you’ve noticed.

You can choose a book that you’ve read, something you saw on a blog or social media site, Goodreads, or a sales website. Anything that caught your eye because of a great cover, blurb or reviews, but DON’T tell the author that their book has been noticed. Instead, shout out on social media sites, and encourage others to do the same, until the author finds his/her book.


Leave a blog comment at Ninja Captain Alex or Ciara Knight when the author finds their book.
 
 
Kathleen Hayson thinks her biggest problem is her mother. The only runner up—her mouth.
 
With a wit sharper than her mother's perfectly manicured nails, her clever remarks create more problems than they solve.
 
Enter Rigel, a smartass magical creature who invades her room one night, promises he has come to help her.
 
When a boy Kathleen hates turns up dead and her mother goes missing, Kathleen becomes a prime suspect.
 
As she fights her way out of a web of lies, the trust she has in those closest to her shatters. In the end, she's pushed to a terrible choice: who lives, and who else dies.
 
(You will find yourself loving the characters in this book.  Kathleen is not your usual slim, beautiful heroine as in TWILIGHT. 
 
Her body is not her identity.  Her intelligence and bruised sensitivity make her who she is, who you grow to root for.)
 
 
From the time of the Old Ones the fire was given. It waits for the next daughter of the Feyland line to be born. It waits for the next Fire Mistress. Zehdra Kilgarn’s time has come.

Promised to a man she’s never met to stop a war she never started, Zehdra Kilgarn will embark on the journey of her life.
 
But will she overcome her fear of her mother’s fate in order to master her power in time to save the man she loves?
 
{Zehdra is the kind of heroine you will root for and Gillam was completely lovable no matter what he did,
 
 and I enjoyed the way he dug his way out of the mess he made (don't want to spoil). }
 
 

And just because it made me laugh:

34 comments:

  1. Hey, you noticed Wendy's book! That is very cool.
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four in the Morning sounds amazing! I can relate to a girl with a problematic mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex:
    Glad to notice Wendy's and Christi's book and join in the fun of your and Ciara's blogfest!

    Heather:
    My mouth also got me in all sorts of problems as with me stepping in on a bully threatening a smaller boy, "Hey, why don't you pick on somebody your own size?"

    Of course the bully's answer was always, "You look more my size!"

    It was why I always kept a roll of quarters in my pocket (that was at a time when quarters packed more of a punch than they do now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great covers on both of these books - I'm not surprised you noticed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trisha:
    Weren't they great covers? I do believe a great cover and add sales to a book. Frank Frazetta's cover to the first Conan paperback contributed to it being a million seller. Now, if that kind of lightning could only hit us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I missed the boat when I saw the blogfest already started, but you got a jump on it! I agree that these are really cool looking covers. I also like how they both feature heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn:
    I am a rare blood courier so I sometimes post early because calls from hospitals often pull me away from the computer! Since most of my visitors are ladies, I tried to point out books from the heroine perspective. Weren't these gorgeous covers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roland .. 4 in the morning - great trailer ... and Wendy's book .. the cover is really fiery .. while Dora the Explorer is an interlude ..

    Cheers Roland - they look interesting choices - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some good books you have noticed. I have read Fire Child but will have to check out four in the morning :) Nice you added the trailers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, both those books look great. My tbr list is definitely going to explode now. (: Also, congratulations! I just saw the news on Alex's blog on the acceptance of both your short stories, what awesome news!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So this is trippy. I just watched a Ted Talks on Four in the Morning, how that time is used a lot by writers and artists as the worst time to be awake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS - My mouth got me into a lot of trouble too as a kid, so I sympathize with the MC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilary:
    Wendy's cover really is stunning, isn't it? Christi made the trailer herself; amazing talent she has.

    Siv:
    Both Wendy and Christi made their own trailers. I can just draw stick figures!

    Elise:
    Both books reach out and grab you. It was super of Alex to mention my short stories being accepted, wasn't it?

    Libby:
    Sometimes my mouth still gets me into trouble. Ouch. The Nazis used to burst into people's homes for interrogations at 4 in the morning since the body's clock is at its lowest ebb then. Thanks for visiting, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're always told we shouldn't judge a book by its cover and yet... it's the first thing I notice. I like a protagonist I can root for too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I might need to read this one. Sounds a bit like me in younger times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Dora vid is priceless, and great pick for DINYB! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathleen sounds like quite an interesting character!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great read, thanks for highlighting and I love the eye catching cover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors on Four in the morning. I like the Dora video. Classic. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have so many books on my to read list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds intense! i can relate, as my mouth is my nemesis too!

    yay dora! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, that explains it, Roland, but you weren't the only one who posted early, and that's what threw me! Yes, these are great covers. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interesting picks. I think covers are the first thing we notice, and if the image doesn't appeal, we usually don't pick it up.

    Nice blogfest idea, good luck to the participants! Thanks for stopping by at Jessica's blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, this one looks great. Love the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't sign up to do this blogfest but I can tell it's going to be a great way to find new books. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the recommendations. Love the first cover.
    And thanks for sharing the Dora spoof. I have two daughters... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great notices! I love Dora. Years ago, she taught my daughter Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Milo:
    You and I both are drawn by great covers and riveting heroes.

    Tyrean:
    They are good books!

    Susan:
    Ah, the teenage years are the mouth-without-brakes era! :-)

    E.J.:
    Wasn't that DORA vid a hoot?

    Sherry:
    Kathleen sounds like one of my heart-throbs in high school.

    Suzanne:
    Weren't those covers eye-catching?

    Ciara:
    Thank you and Alex for throwing such a fun blogfest!

    Steven:
    Me, too!

    Tara:
    You and I have something in common then. :-)

    Lyn:
    I always post early due to my job. Glad you liked the covers.

    D.G.:
    I, like you, make the cover a crucial point in picking up a book to consider. Great to see you at Jessica's.

    Raquel:
    Weren't the covers great looking?

    LD:
    I hope a few out there pick these two books!

    Erin:
    I knew Dora is popular with young girls, and I knew many of my friends had young daughters. So what better vid to show, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. There isn't one cover on this blog that isn't stunning. Really. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Candy:
    Our executive secretary is from Central America and she loves Dora. She showed me this vid. I hope your daughter likes it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Joylene:
    Leonora Roy does my covers, and she is blushing right now with your compliment! Thank you on her behalf. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice covers. I like the flashes of colour in Four. Wendy's cover captures the 'fire' theme.

    ReplyDelete
  33. J.L.:
    Both covers are indeed stunning, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete