FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, October 15, 2012

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Ghost of Mark Twain here:


I told Roland, “Never be haughty to the humble, never be humble to the haughty.”

Seems the boy is reluctant to tell all you friends of his out there that there is DOUBLE TROUBLE on the way.

But humility and me have never been traveling companions, so I will tell you for him:


SECOND AVENUE SECOND HAND SHOP Anthology has accepted his short story, PICTURE IMPERFECT!

 
ROSE RED suggests you read her story.  I'd listen to her if I were you.  She is one gal that gives me the bejeebers.


OPEN DOORS 2 Anthology has also accepted a short story of Roland's: THREE GOLDILOCKS AND A BEAR.  And if you're a long time friend of Roland's, you know who the bear is. 

 Clue: he has two shadows.

The three Goldilocks?  Brrr.  It would plum scare me to put their identity into words.

 
           {ROSE RED image courtesy of the fantastic Leonora Roy.
 
THREE GOLDILOCKS image by Artist: Arthur Rackham.  This image is in the public domain in the United States because it was first published outside the United States prior to January 1, 1923.
 
Photo of Mark Twain is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1923.}
  For those of you liked yesterday's clip, here is the scene which follows that one:

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the short stories!! Hope we'll hear more. A great way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Roland!! That is awesome news. Worthy of a shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.G.:
    It is a great way to start the week, isn't it? Thanks for being happy for me.

    Alex:
    I hope you enjoyed the new clip. The news did make my morning. The ghost of Mark Twain just ruffled my hair. He's happy for me, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really great news Roland! I am so happy for you. I couldn't think of any better company in the open doors anthology :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go, Roland! What great news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roland, congratulations on the success of your short stories! Way to persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following your from Alex's page. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siv:
    I guess this makes us the dynamic duo, right? Glad to be in the same anthology with you!

    Candy:
    And congrats on the release of your children's book, too!!

    Jennifer:
    Thanks. And it might just be stubborness instead of perseverance on my part. :-)

    Tammy:
    Happy you followed over from Alex's page. He's a super guy, right? Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete