FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, August 1, 2014

WHAT ARE THE HOT INTERNET TOPICS?





Being a rare blood courier with an intensified new schedule, I lose touch with the world.  How about you?

Today the HOT INTERNET TOPICS WERE:

1.) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY  (Of course!)

Watching Guardians Of The Galaxy Is Like Getting Back Part Of Your Soul

http://io9.com/watching-guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-like-getting-back-...
So yes, Guardians of the Galaxy is dripping with nostalgia, for space opera and Baby Boomer pop music ...
My Monday plans are basically "see Guardians of the Galaxy" and review it.
2.) EBOLA (Let's not allow compassion to enter into our parnoia or anything)
As the largest-ever outbreak of Ebola rages on in a cluster of West African nations, ...
A widespread Ebola outbreak here is "not in the cards," the CDC director recently told reporters.  Like they would tell us if it were!
3.) SABINA ALTYNBEKOVA (I can't even say her name much less know who she is!)
Kazakh volleyball player Sabina Altynbekova so attractive nobody takes her seriously.
4.) FACEBOOK DOWN  (Many of my co-workers were on the verge of panic attacks!)
It is still unclear if Facebook went down as the result of a malicious attack.
5.)  ORLANDO BLOOM   (Arrrgh! Just spank Justin Bieber and be done with it!)
http://theweek.com/article/index/265658/speedreads-leonardo-dicaprio-...
Though TMZ broke the news of Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's alleged altercation in Ibiza, ...
DiCaprio was sitting at Bloom's table in the restaurant when the fight occurred....
The fight allegedly occurred after Bieber reportedly told Bloom that Miranda...   I can't go on.
SO WHAT CAUGHT YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

How much of the News do you
believe anymore?

12 comments:

  1. I plan on seeing Guardians, but it might be right before school starts back.
    When I was younger I had what I thought was a case of extreme food poisoning. When I went to the Doctor I was told I had E Coli...but my ears had heard Ebola! I was never so glad that I had heard wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David:
    No doubt!! I do believe GUARDIANS may be the first movie in years that I will watch TWICE! Rocket for President and Groot for Vice President and Gamora for Secretary of Defense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ebola outbreak has my attention, and our internal politics (which seems to be based on kicking people when they are down).
    I don't play FB, and avoid any Bieber related news (unless I am considering turning to bulimia(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elephanr's Child:
    The Ebola outbreak has my attention since I have grown to distrust whatever News Speak comes from any government. FB is something I seldom visit. And, like you, Bieber, along with Miley Cyrus, is just tired news of spoiled children. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebola doesn't seem to be much of a threat because it isn't airborne and contracting it means being in direct physical contact with the patient. On the other hand, viruses can mutate, in which case we would then be in trouble.

    I believe the news about Gaza, and it is heartbreaking and an outrage.

    My sympathy for Sabina. Being too beautiful for sports--SIGH, that's been my own problem for much of my life! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Ebola virus is scary. It seems like our virus and bacteria strains get stronger, and we, the humans, get weaker and more susceptible. Not a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since most of these celebrity meltdowns are caught on camera, I think they are real. Problem: I really don't care.

    Everything else... I think we know what our government wants to us to know and not one bit more. And if it suits their interests to keep something hidden... hidden it will stay. If it suits their interests to lie or twist the truth, then a lie or a twist it will be. In other words, zero. I believe the news to the tune of 0. Unless it is a weather forecast. Those guys are NEVER wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Orlando Bloom.
    Don't forget those giant sinkholes were in the news again yesterday.
    And go see Guardians! Saw it first showing Friday and yes, you will get part of your life and childhood back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I avoid the news. If something important happens, Willy Dunne Wooters will tell me. Or The Hurricane will email me. She let me know when Osama bin Laden was killed and when there was a new pope.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. All news comes with a slant. The problem with the internet is that stories can be changed with a keystroke. This has reduced the pressure on news agencies to report accurately. It was impossible to change a newspaper headline once it was printed, not so with the internet.

    Living in Massachusetts, the story I have my eye on is the Market Basket boycott & protesters. I'm interested to see if the store's board cares about what the employees and customers want or if they're only concerned with the bottom line. I think I already know the answer, but I'm trying to keep my cynicism at bay.

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Elephants Child on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Friends:
    I worked 11 hours straight so far today without breakfast or lunch and only dinner on the run. I crashed for an hour and now, I am replying to you. Sorry for the delay in commenting back!

    Helena:
    A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages. I would definitely wear a nose mask in the presence of Ebola patients. But what about crowded airplanes or airports?

    Three weeks of violence have left many parts of the Gaza Strip in ruins. More than 1,000 Gaza residents have been killed and more than 6,000 injured. Israel has lost 43 soldiers and three civilians.

    So sad.

    D.G.:
    Our viruses seem out to get us that is true. The flesh eating one unnerves me. Ugh!

    Robin:
    Celebrities need to put on their Big Boy Boots and walk tall, right?

    Like you, I do not trust any media or government source. I've read too many histories about what atrosities were committed and covered up!

    In hurricane season, I listen to those weathermen with BOTH ears!

    Alex:
    I really, really, really want to see GUARDIANS!

    Janie:
    I depend on Yahoo for my news! :-)

    VR:
    I wouldn't expect Big Money to be big in the compassion area! The Fourth Estate used to be our country's Watchmen. No longer. :-(

    Wendi:
    You and me both!

    ReplyDelete