FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, December 29, 2017

SO THIS IS TODAY




So this is today ...

   and I am both happy and sad, wondering how that can be.

This photograph of Chief Big Foot left dead and frozen in the snow 

will forever be etched in the minds of American Indians

 as a reminder of the inhumane treatment rendered to their ancestors by the federal government.



Estimates are some 300 men, women and children were killed at the Wounded Knee Massacre today in 1890.

It need not have happened.  

But hate looks the same as everyone else until there are no witnesses.

It is important to always remember what happened by the hands of evil men 

because evil men still exist today. 

Even now, there are evil people who spew out hatred against others 

who may not be their same race, color or religion today.




MY FRIEND AND COLLABORATOR, 
ROBERT ROSSMANN
has a new web page out:


Now available on cdbaby.com

A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens, recorded live by Robert Rossmann. 

Soon to be out on audio by Robert as well: 

                         

He  just finished Chapter 5 
of his new production for me.


The grey clouds swirled angrily, silently, looking as if God had burned the sins of yesterday, casting them to the winds.  Meilori hugged my arm.  
 I looked down, watching her silently, effortlessly holding my universe together.    
Sometimes I can feel my heart straining under the weight of all the lives I’ve taken.   
Then, I look into her slanted eyes, jade quarter moons waiting to rise, and the world makes sense again.
I looked away from her as if she were the sun.  Yet, I still saw her, like the sun, even without looking.  Love is like that.
“Beloved,” she sighed.  “One day your compassion will be the death of us.”
I nodded.  “All my futile efforts to make the world better: a dream, a dream … that most like will end in nothing, leaving me where I laid down.”
I bent my head, kissing her soft lips lightly.  “But I wish you to know that you inspired it.”
Meilori turned wet eyes away from me, and Sammy said from behind us, “I reckon that in a sense, Lady Meilori, we are all each other’s consequences.”
“Just so,” she murmured.  “Just so.”
Meilori sighed, “We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, 
with nothing to show for our efforts except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the heat at our backs.”

MAY YOUR NEW YEAR BE EVEN BETTER THAN YOU WISH IT TO BE!

2 comments:

  1. May your 2018 also be better than you expect it to be, Roland. Good luck with your new audio book.

    ReplyDelete