FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Hanging would be more lasting _ A TO Z



" I will REASON with him, 
though at bottom
I feel hanging 
would be more lasting." 
- Mark Twain 

Ghost of Mark Twain again.

I made the mistake of watching the national news on Roland's flat window into the world.

Man is the REASONING Animal. 

Such is the claim.  

After watching the court jesters that pass for politicians these days, 

I think it is open to dispute.

 Those thugs are aware that loudness convinces sixty persons 

where reasoning convinces but one.


Take our president ...

He is not quite what you would call refined. 

He is not quite what you would call unrefined. 

He is the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

 But I digress

I was talking of reason and Man.


Does the human being reason? 

No; he thinks, muses, reflects, but does not reason. 

Thinks about a thing; rehearses its statistics and its parts 

and applies to them 

what other people on his side of the question have said about them, 

but he does not compare the parts himself, and is not capable of doing it. 

That is, in the two things which are the peculiar domain of the heart, not the mind:

politics and religion. 

He doesn’t want to know the other side. 

He wants arguments and statistics for his own side, and nothing more.

Look at me.

I've taken off the mask of humorist to show my philosophical face and gone to meddling.

Best re-mask and not lose Roland any more followers!

Besides what do I know? 

 No man is entirely in his right mind at any time ... especially humorists.

3 comments:

  1. Twain had to of been a forward time traveler; or have politics always been corrupt? Even "honest Abe" wasn't always honest, i.e. printing counterfeit platform tickets, lol... One can never go wrong with Twain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For just how different from his Honest Abe persona Lincoln was go to my NOT SO INNOCENTS ABROAD reader section! Twain was farseeing ... and politics have always been corrupt. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Roland I certainly will check out "Not So Innocents Abroad"
      ;-) 合掌   


      Delete