FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, April 26, 2018

VALUE of dreams _ A TO Z


"Even if you cannot change 
all the people around you, 
you can change the people 
you choose to be around." 
- Roy T. Bennett

Ghost of Mark Twain rambling by again.

I have always believed, 
and I still believe, 
that whatever good or bad fortune 
may come our way,
 we can always give it meaning 
and transform it 
into something of value.

Old Thoreau keeps telling me 

“The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life 

which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.” 

Now as much as it galls me, I reckon I believe that.

Which means the cost of a lot of folks' dreams are darn high.  

I wonder if those dreams' value turns out to be worth it.

It galls me even more that I agreed with that scoundrel, Freud, when he wrote:

 “It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement 

that they seek power, success and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, 

and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.” 


Personally, I believe ...

it is in the heart that the values lie ...

 a loving heart is riches, and riches enough, ... without it, intellect is poverty and wealth but rags.




 One values a thing when one can’t afford it ...

which could explain I suppose why folks value their dreams so.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, 
PILGRIMS?

2 comments:

  1. "I travel near and far to distant shore, without stepping foot outside this door"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that when I write my novels or dream my dreams. :-)

      Delete