FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The ART of the BOOK COVER


The first page of your book
is not your first page ...


   It's your cover



The Last Shaman remains one of my
best selling books,
and I think the cover has a lot to do with it.



Victor Standish is not far behind.

My Stetson is off to Leonora Roy
for her artistry.

And off to
Heather McCorkle
for her cover skills.



It is with the cover that the book can communicate
 a little of the style and mood of the tale inside.

WHAT DO YOU THINK
OF MY LATEST
BOOK COVER?


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XKWX8H4

Here is a bit of history of the fascinating art
of the Sci Fi Cover
IF SELF-PUBLISHED,
HOW DO YOU CRAFT
YOUR COVERS?

4 comments:

  1. As an artist, I've been doing the art to my own covers but I'm not a digital artist. In my opinion it is sad that very few people can appreciate and see the energy and spirit that goes into freehand art covers. But what sells sells. So what I'm thinking about doing for future books is make my own freehand concept sketch of my cover art and hire a digital artist to make the final product. And maybe I'll come out with limited editions of a book with a cover with my own freehand art for those few who haven't allowed themselves to become completely wired with today's technology or even for those perhaps even fewer who are tired of being wired. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steven, that sounds like a great idea. A digital artist can take your cover concept and make it pop off the page in a way that will attract reader attention. Then, after you've gained a fan base, your own freehand art.

      Double-dipping as it were. :-)

      Delete
  2. I always wondered who did your cover art. She does a great job.
    I've always been happy with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be happy with our cover art is a real plus in being an author. :-)

      Delete