FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

MY BIRTHDAY/HALLOWEEN BOOK

{Only 99 cents}
{This would be a nice birthday surprise for me if you bought this}
Just saying. :-)


Something has awakened in the Badlands.  Undying hunger and hatred for Man seethe in the darkness.  While below the brooding pinnacles, the first talking Western is being filmed.
The fledgling director, John Ford, has inherited a troubled production and fights his own insecurity over filming his first movie with sound. 
Harry Carey, the star, and his wife worry about Ford’s hostility to his former best friend. 
German screen sensation, Marlene Dietrich, has been abandoned by the director who lured her to American shores. 
Nicola Tesla, fabled genius, hides his true purpose in being the film’s special effects man.
Then strange death begins to hunt the cast and crew down one by one.  Abruptly, they find themselves cut off from outside help.

And their only hope rests on the has-been cowboy acting as technical advisor …

Some nobody named ... Samuel McCord … a man the Sioux fearfully call “the ghost who hunts.”

When events seemingly cannot get any worse, they do. 
The not-human, estranged wife of McCord, Meilori Shinseen, arrives and neither McCord nor the humans are safe from her.

What makes a monster?  
What is the dividing line between sanity and insanity?  
And what lurks in the darkness in the middle?

Out of the first ten reviewers,
I will draw for an autographed
Henry Fonda photo from
THE GRAPES OF WRATH

{Only 45,000 words. "My best novel yet," says Sandra, my non-coddling best friend}
Listen to the music; you won't regret it.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Roland. Keep up the good fight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, J E:
    If you give up, you guarantee failure, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to You, and may you have many more. . . hope it's an enjoyable evening.

    Writing stretches the mind, and prevents stagnation if you keep at it. That's my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dude :)

    Always love the music here.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. D.G.:
    Well, my mind isn't stagnant! :-)

    Donna:
    Thanks. We do seem to like similar music, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roland .. Happy years ahead .. and I've been over to the dreaded place with no boundaries ... and clicked!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on another book! You gave yourself a great birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got my copy and can't wait to get started on it! Hope you had a great day yesterday, I know that I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Hilary:
    That you picked up a copy means a lot. So few have.

    Alex:
    The great present would be if folks braved to get it. :-)

    Siv:
    I did have a great day yesterday. My supervisor even gave me a surprise day off!

    Isis:
    Thanks. Now, if only one or two would buy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this birthday is the beginning of a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shucks. I missed it. Your birthday. I'm always a day (or two) late and a bunch of dollars short. Will you take a belated wish for a fabulous day? Loved listening to Final Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!!!!! I am as always, fashionably late! Ahem! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sold! I've only been to the Badlands once, but it's a place that's resonated with me. And this story sounds like it'll definitely give me a whole new angle to view it from next time I go.

    Hope your birthday was spleeeendid!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Candilynn:
    Wasn't Final Hope beautiful? That you hate missing my day makes it just as if you remembered. :-) Look in your email!

    Kittty:
    You are always fashionable in everything to me and Samuel!

    The Desert Rocks:
    Isn't that cover evocative?

    Nicki:
    Yes, it shows the mythic side to the Badlands, the inner workings of movies on location, and the eerie science of Nikola Tesla. :-)

    ReplyDelete