FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, November 8, 2013

OH, HOW I MISS ...


http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/


Whenever someone who knows you leaves your life for whatever reason, you lose one version of yourself.
 
Yourself as you were seen, as you were judged to be.
 
Lover or enemy, brother or friend, those who know us construct us, and their several versions slant the different facets of our character like diamond-cutter's tools.
 
Each such loss is a step leading to our own grave, where all versions blend and end.
 
I miss TERRY STONECROP --
 
She had two blogs: GARDNER WEST, PRIVATE EYE and THE HANKY-PANKY SEASON:
My Photo
This gun's for hire. I also co-post on, Gardner West Private Eye, blogspot, with writer, Terry Stonecrop.
 
I'm a private investigator, working in Boston in 1964. I get to visit your time zone via my creator, Terry's time-traveling, never mind, crazy, mind.
 
Here, I'll blog about all the things Terry edits out of my posts on the other blog. Thanks for stopping by.
 
One (THE HANKY PANKY SEASON) was "written" by her novel's hero, Gardner West.  The other was penned by Terry herself. 
 
Terry was funny, insightful, and intelligent.  We had running comments on our blogs. 
 
Gardner would comment directly to Samuel McCord.  And Samuel McCord would comment back.
 
 Monday, September 6, 2010 was her last post. 
 
Life at that time was brutal for me so it took me awhile to notice she was truly gone.  Her profile had no email address.  There was no way to contact her. 
 
What happened to her?  The city in which she lived has high crime stats.  I hope she did not turn into one of them. 
 
Did the Dream die for her?  My last post wrote of how hard The Dream is to cling to.
 
Did the fun of life sour for her?  Life can be a harsh mistress. 
 
I pray that her fire, zest for living, and intelligence would keep that from happening.
 
They say that missing someone is self-centered.  So, Terry, I self-center you more than ever:
 
   Light breaks where no sun shines;
           Where no sea runs, the waters of the heart
           Push in their tides.

                                               - Dylan Thomas


 

15 comments:

  1. That's rough when we don't know what happened and have no way to contact the person. Scary how people can just vanish here.
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex:
    Yes, the world is a scary place, and you worry that those who the blogverse might have been gobbled up.

    As a rare blood courier, I am sometimes late but I always keep my word. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've started blogging, I've been friends with two bloggers who passed away and one of their family members wrote one last post for them. Though heartbreaking, at least I knew what happened

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan:
    It does hurt when you know. But I believe knowing is better than not knowing. It was truly nice for that family member to write that post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard when you don't know what has happened to a blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does kinda leave a void when a blogging buddy disappears and there's no explanation for their absence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a rough way to leave the scene, and I certainly hope it's not a worst-case scenario. Wishing her the best, and thank you for sharing who you miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry:
    Yes, you're left wondering. :-(

    J.L.:
    You wonder if something bad happened, and you hope it was a case of something good -- like a lottery win -- that happened!

    David:
    Always glad to help a blogfest. Thanks for the good thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just missed her. I started blogging a week after that. Too bad, from the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. J E:
    I think you would have liked her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely video Roland. It is sad when we loose people that we have a connection with and there is no way of finding them. That has happened to me once to often and not just in this cyper space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend disappeared over the summer. Completely off the internet and out of my life. She only came back for the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ice Girl:
    It is hard to lose a friend. It is even harder when they grow or devolve away from you. :-( Sorry to hear about your friend.

    Donna:
    Finally. Someone besides me remembers Terry. I was beginning to feel like the lone turret of a sandcastle, ravaged by the waves of time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a while ago. Whereas I understand the desire to be anonymous in your online life, there's more than a small part of that that isn't fair to the people you form relationships with.

    ReplyDelete