FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, March 6, 2014

ARE YOU EXCITED?



 
April 4th: THE WINTER SOLDIER!
 
 
Piecing together the entire story of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is like trying to solve one of those classic '70s spy thrillers,
 
which is appropriate, considering that's the type of film Marvel is shooting for this time around.
 
Joe Russo:  (Co-Director)
 
"The heart of the movie is how SHIELD got a character with a code like Cap to work for a clandestine organization which has a very subversive agenda.
 
If you watch "Three Days of the Condor," the first ten minutes are all about Robert Redford being as charming as possible,
 
and then the next 80 minutes are about, “Is that charming guy that you really like going to get killed by some really gnarly people?”
 
 
Guess what?
CAP has Robert Redford in his movie!
 
And judging from the voice over,
an aged Peggy Carter is in it as well.
 
Are you excited to see this one?

Are you excited about any movie
coming out soon?

Any book?

9 comments:

  1. The first Captain America was my favorite Marvel Movie, besides the Avenger one. I plan on seeing the midnight showing that Thursday. I love Peggy Carter as well. I had heard that they would do a TV show with her, but I'm not sure when they are going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David:
    I am with you: CAPTIAN AMERICA was my favorite Marvel beside THE AVENGERS. I saw the Peggy Carter one-shot which had Howard Stark be the head of SHIELD. I hope the TV show comes through.

    I had heard that Sharon Carter, supposedly her cousin, in the present is really the Red Skull's daughter. That would be a revelation.

    I envy you seeing it Thursday midnight. I will have to wait until the following Monday due to my job. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take the Friday off when I go to the movies the night before. The Alamo Draft House is only a block from where I live. I don't make a habit of it, but I do plan on seeing Godzilla the same way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sons are very excited about this movie. And I have to say it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie:
    I think it may well be the "smartest" of the Marvel movies. Cross my fingers. :-)

    Alex:
    I am truly looking forward to this one. Now, if only the critics don't take it in their minds to skewer it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sick of superhero films. I'm anxious to see Noah but I'm afraid they'll turn it into some kind of weird extravaganza of nonsense. I'll wait for the DVD.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arlee:
    Capt. was my favorite comic hero when young just because he was NOT super -- all he had was his courage and intelligence.

    Noah I'm afraid was turned into a tragic bit of nonsense.

    I think you might enjoy THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL, laughs and bittersweet reflections of a time gone by.

    ReplyDelete