FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, October 6, 2014

My FIRST Crime Thriller_FREE!



FREE!
For a LIMITED TIME

Luke Winters has spent his whole life straddling two worlds, Lakota and White, belonging in neither. He isn't complaining. 

He feels richer for the twin heritages and for the struggle to be an authentic human being. 

He has learned to accept himself whether or not he is accepted by anyone else.

Enter the murky, dangerous world of a Native American Noir thriller with undercurrents of forbidden love

A meld of Romeo & Juliet and The Departed as seen through the eyes of a disgraced Lakota psychologist back in his home town.

The woman he has loved all his life has become the feared donna of the crime family which controls the state. 

She has mastered all her enemies but one -- the disease that is now killing her. 

As she fights rival crime bosses sensing her weakness, can the psychologist save her from herself? And at what cost to himself?
What could be the theme to this book:

6 comments:

  1. Interesting premise and setting.
    Who is the main character? The guy, or the female? Is this a new direction for your work? (crime thrillers)Sorry, lots of questions. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything you put your name to, pure gold! Gold I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.G.:
    Luke Winters is the narrator. I wrote this in 2011, experimenting with another genre.

    I hope your burdens grow less very soon!! :-)

    Jeremy:
    That's very kind of you to say. It makes my afternoon. I slept 14 hours straight, fighting exhaustion from the job and from the flu that is trying to gain a foothold in my system!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, Roland. D.G. brings up an interesting question. Your characters are so strong, have you ever written from multiple POVs?

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now know for sure, that you do not sleep. Another book????

    As always I wish you well, Roland. It sounds good. Here's to many book sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. VR:
    I wrote all of THE LAST FAE from the eyes of Fallen, a saucy Sidhe. END OF DAYS is told through the eyes of Alice Wentworth.

    LAST EXIT TO BABYLON is mostly narrated by Blake Adamson. But one chapter is told by Kirika, a Ningyo goddess. Three more chapters are told by Fallen, the last Fae, again.

    GHOST OF A CHANCE is told mostly by me -- but there are chapters told through the eyes of Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, and Raymond Chandler.

    RITES OF PASSAGE and ADRIFT IN THE TIME STREAM have prologues and epilogues written through the eyes of William Faulkner.

    Thanks for the compliment of having strong characters!

    Wendy:
    This is one of my "forgotten" books written in 2011. It is a short book, and hopefully many will take a chance on it!

    I have a Luke Winter Boston tale a third of the way done. Think THE CONJURING.

    I have the rough draft of a third tale of Luke and Victoria in the musty corners of my mind, too.

    Thanks for the well wishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete