FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, March 17, 2011

HIBBS : LUCK OF THE IRISH BLOGFEST entry and ST. PATRICK'S DAY TOUR STOP : VR BARKOWSKI! I'LL BE THERE AS SOON AS I EAT THIS 4 LEAF CLOVER

Hibbs, the cub with no clue, here.

Mumfff. What? Eating a 4 leaf clover won't bring me luck?! Now, you guys tell me!

Sigh. Come follow me to Atlanta where VR and Roland are talking about my adventures :

http://vrbarkowski.blogspot.com/


Here is my entry for THE LUCK OF THE IRISH BLOGFEST. Check out pretty Colene's site for the others :
http://cejourney.blogspot.com/2011/03/spd-fest-baby-blarny-arse-bollocks-sexy.html?showComment=1300380064438#c6275252821079118520

Hibbs walked through the green tangle of trees and brush. The cub was sad. Spring was here. Winter was gone. So, too, was the Turquoise Woman -- off on one of her mysterious trips.

"Faith!," chirped a voice above him.

Hibbs looked up through the velvet cover of the leaves. He went stiff. A little man, dressed in the oddest green clothes Hibbs had ever seen.

"It's me gold yer after, isn't it?"

"I can't eat gold. But have you seen any blueberries?"

The small man looked shocked, then outraged. "You don't mean to be saying, you have no yearning for me gold?"

Hibbs had quite enough of this strange two-legged. "I am yearning to be alone."

Hibbs ambled off in search of berries and solitude. The leprechaun leapt from tree to tree harassing the poor cub for his lack of discernment.

The cub walked like this for some minutes when a swirl of snowflakes danced all around him, finally becoming the tall, regal Turquoise Woman.

She tweaked his wrinkling nose softly. "Didn't you see that leprechaun fall out of that tree twelve paces back?"

Hibbs' face brightened. "Oh, that's wonderful!"

The Turquoise Woman frowned, "Wonderful?"

"Yes. I thought I had gone deaf!"
***


My very own production. Drumroll, please :

28 comments:

  1. Hibbs here: What? Just because I ate a 4 leaf clover nobody is going to talk to Roland? Sigh. You're going to make me sad guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, Michael. Be sure and wear green. Don't want to get pinched! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha!! OH my! I had no idea where this Hibbs story was going and BAM! Knocked me out with the funny. Ahh, I love that bear. Thanks for the entry(and what a great one it was!). You have been counted! Happy SPDay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colene : It makes my day that I could make you laugh ... or rather Hibbs did. Thanks for offering such a wonderful idea for a blogfest! Have a great St. Patrick's day!! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! This was excellent! Hibbs cracks me up. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Heather, there's never a dull moment with Hibbs, the cub with no clue! And he likes you, too. He's a pushover for anyone who laughs at his jokes. LOL. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute! That's funny. Thanks for sharing Hibbs' story today.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie : Thanks for enjoying Hibbs' run-in with a leprechaun. No rest for the Irish today! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy : Hibbs the cub has an innocent outlook on life, and that trumps a leprechaun every time. They see so little of innocence themselves from mortals, greedy for their gold! Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hibbs is so innocent and itent on his berries, he doesn't even wonder about the little man pestering him - it's wonderful and made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this story! :)

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A happy story, a bear with no desire for wealth just food. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. Oh, I absolutely loved this story - gorgeous! Thanks,
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love Hibbs the Bear and you write him so well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was very cute. Thought he'd gone deaf. *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin : Hibbs lives in his own littl world, puttering about on quests that make sense to him and few adults! Even Leprechaun adults!!LOL.

    I'm glad you liked this small tale of little Hibbs, Golden Eagle.

    Susan : Hibbs found his wealth when the Turquoise Woman returned. But berries would have been "the icing on the cake!"

    Laura : Hibbs, the cub with no clue, has an innocent magic about him, doesn't he?

    Mary : Hibbs would love you, too. especially if you had some berries in your hand!

    Mara : Hibbs, though innocent, has his own dry sense of humor. It's a bear cub thing! LOL. Thanks for liking my tale I wrote especially for my blog friends, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!! Give that bear a hug!

    I'll have to come back and look at your production. For some reason, I can't hold my eyes open this week!

    Hope your St. Patrick's Day has been calm and uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My own eyes are heavy, but I'm still at work. Miles to go before I rest, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love little Hibbs! What a great twist on the SPD story.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI, HIbbs. and Hi to you to Roland,

    You couldn't be any cuter... (Hibbs, I've never seen Roland... so mysterious, ooooooo)

    Loved the story... It seems VIctor is awfully quiet these days. He must be sulking in a corner.

    Happy St. Paddy's. I know you're part Irish...Have a Guinness and unwind.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hibbs is so cute! What a great little story! Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like Hibbs' responses. There are more important things in the world than gold. I'd probably be the same way about my chips and diet pepsi.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Alexia : Hibbs' adventure begins in ancient Ireland, so he couldn't resist doing today's blogfest!

    Thanks, Michael, but I'm on-call so no Guiness for me tonight. Besides I get into enough trouble sober! Trust me. Hibbs is much cuter than I am! LOL.

    My BlueScreen : Hibbs is going to get a big head from all these compliments! No, he's much too innocent and curious for that to happen. Thanks for liking his tale.

    Donna : Indeed there are more important things than gold -- especially for Hibbs with no pockets!! Have a great end of week. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was cute! I was wondering where the story was going when I could see we were coming to the end. Poor Hibbs. Not his fault the leprechaun doesn't understand bear cubs.

    Happy belated St. Patty's Day, Roland!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally thought Hibbs was going to eat that leprechaun if he couldn't find any blueberries and the little thing didn't let up. :-) I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tracy : Hibbs is always being misunderstood or myth-understood! LOL. And happy belated St. Patty's Day to you, too.

    Jennie : Hibbs was tempted, but was afraid of ingesting too much blarney for his own good! :)

    ReplyDelete