FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, April 30, 2012

NEIL GAIMAN ON STEPHEN KING_And me at Nerdy is the New Sexy

Like Neil Gaiman?  Like Stephen King?

Neil interviewed Mr. King for THE LONDON SUNDAY TIMES. 

Here is a fascinating tidbit he wrote on Mr. King:

“I think the most important thing I learned from Stephen King I learned as a teenager,

reading King's book of essays on horror and on writing, Danse Macabre.

In there he points out that if you just write a page a day, just 300 words,

at the end of a year you'd have a novel.

It was immensely reassuring -

suddenly something huge and impossible became strangely easy.

 As an adult, it's how I've written books I haven't had the time to write, like my children's novel Coraline.”

For the rest of the absorbing interview, go here:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2012/04/popular-writers-stephen-king-interview.html

Remember this Wednesday, I will be doing a guest post at NERDY IS THE NEW SEXY:
http://nerdyisthenewsexy.blogspot.com/

TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY!  RITES OF PASSAGE is FREE!
http://www.amazon.com/RITES-OF-PASSAGE-ebook/dp/B004XQVPYM

7 comments:

  1. Excellent advice from Stephen King!

    Also, Nerdy Is The New Sexy is one of the best blog names ever lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that, would have missed it otherwise.

    cheers,
    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino
    The Funnily Enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent advice.

    Also, just saw that Disney acquired the rights to Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK. Sounds like it will be stop-motion, and with the same director as CORALINE and NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Stephen King and his advice is so practical and logical. I'll have to use the link to see the rest of the interview.

    Also, I enjoyed the videos of Nightwish. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, put that way, 300 words a day doesn't sound so hard. I should give it a try.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a new Nightwish song. Love it. I'm going to have to go find some of their CD's.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete