FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, September 30, 2012

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!


Harper Voyager Announces Global Digital Publishing Opportunity!

Keen to become a Harper Voyager author?

 Here’s your chance to join the imprint that publishes some of the biggest names in fantastic fiction—

George R. R. Martin, Kim Harrison, Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Richard Kadrey, Sara Douglass, Peter V. Brett and Kylie Chan—to name but a few.

For the first time in over a decade,

 Harper Voyager is opening the doors to unsolicited submissions in order to seek new authors with fresh voices, strong storytelling abilities, original ideas and compelling storylines.

So, if you believe your manuscript has these qualities, then Harper Collins wants to read it!

http://harpervoyagerbooks.com/2012/09/12/call-for-submissions-harper-voyager-announces-global-digital-publishing-opportunity-2/

The submission portal, www.harpervoyagersubmissions.com , will be open from the 1st to the 14th of October 2012.

The manuscripts will then be read and those most suited to the global Harper Voyager list will be selected jointly by editors in the USA, UK and Australia.

Accepted submissions will benefit from the full publishing process:

accepted manuscripts will be edited; and the finished titles will receive online marketing and sales support in World English markets.

Yes, they will consider work that has been previously published

 if the author has retained full volume rights or had full volume rights revert to them. Please provide the publication details.

Voyager will be seeking an array of adult and young adult speculative fiction for digital publication,

but particularly novels written in the epic fantasy, science fiction, urban fantasy, horror, dystopia and supernatural genres.

Submission guidelines and key information can be found at www.harpervoyagersubmissions.com.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not on blogger much these days, but signed on and saw this. How very, very, VERY interesting. Thank you so much for sharing! I wonder what it all means...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy:
    I intend to. Wish me luck. ;-)

    Barbara:
    I wish you less discomfort in your last days of your pregnancy! You are in my prayers.

    I wonder what it means, too. I wonder if Harper Collins Voyager would give much spotlighting to titles they pick up this way?

    They will not respond for 3 months they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you!

    I'm not entering my novel, but it does sound like a good opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.G.:
    Thanks. Victor is sure he will be accepted! Confidence is his middle name. Harper Voyager offers no advance royalties. They seem intent on loading the odds in their favor much like the Game Masters in THE HUNGER GAMES. So whether I am accepted or not, it may be for the best either way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the first of October! I'll be wishing you tons of luck for your submission! You, Victor & Alice all deserve it. :) (Please let your other characters know, I'm not trying to play favorites.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Siv:
    I did this post to let all my friends know about this opportunity, too.

    Candy:
    My submission has gone off into the cyber-void to do battle with fate. Victor just laughs, "So what else is new?"

    All my other characters forgive you. :-) Especially since they are in the same literary world! A success for Alice and Victor is a success for them as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete