FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trick or Treat GHOST OF A CHANCE contest!




The most important things are the hardest to say.

Words shrink things that spanned the horizon

in your mind to less than puny when they're brought out.

But it's more than that, isn't it?

The most important things lie dangerously close to where your secret heart is buried,

like landmarks to a treasure the world would love to steal away.

And you may make revelations that cost you dearly

only to have people look at you funny, not understanding what you've said at all,

or why you thought it so important that you almost cried while saying it.

That's the worst. When the secret stays locked inside not for want of a teller

but for want of an understanding ear.

Thank you, my friends, for always understanding.

So out of gratitude, here is my TRICK OR TREAT "GHOST OF A CHANCE" CONTEST!

1.) Write a post about GHOST OF A CHANCE and this contest and you get one entry!

2.) Buy GHOST OF A CHANCE and send me Amazon's confirmation to you and you get another entry.

3.) Review GHOST OF A CHANCE for another entry.

4.) Get me a date with Olivia Wilde to win the contest. (Just checking to see if you were paying attention.)

THE PRIZES?

1.) An autograph of Jennifer Lawrence of THE HUNGER GAMES!

2.) An autograph of Robert Downey, Jr. !! How cool is that?

DATE OF THE DRAWING?

Halloween, of course! :-) May the odds be ever in your favor.

12 comments:

  1. If I can secure Olivia Wilde, I'm keeping her for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I still have yet to see this movie! Great giveaway, Roland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Olivia Wilde's number around here somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia:
    I think you would enjoy the movie as well as the book. Audio books are the ways I "read" lately!

    Jay:
    Me, too. It's somewhere in the realm of fantasy for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you a secret Hollywood stalker? You sure have enough autographs :) I will help ou promote your book however I can, Fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try to read Ghost of a Chance by then and post about it! I didn't realize October was so close ...

    And like Siv Maria said, I'll help promote your book on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siv:
    Yesterday and last night were grueling with blood runs so I am just now reading my own blog!

    I am a fan of autographs: books, pictures, and posters. A little bit of their personality (along with their DNA) is attached to each signature in a sense.

    I have an 8 X 10 of the three stars of HARRY POTTER: each actor was just young to compete with one another with how flowery to make their signature. They kept their sense of comepetiveness throughout the filming of the movies. :-)

    I have Dakota Fanning's autograph from WAR OF THE WORLDS where she felt she just had to put "Age 11" to let the viewer know that she was much older (a FULL YEAR) at the time of the signing.

    I thought it might be nice to share some of the autographs. Thanks for helping out!

    D.G.:
    Thanks for promoting GHOST OF A CHANCE. Yes, October 31st is very close. It will be the end of the world (Dec. 21st) before we know it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put it in my side bar (community events) and scheduled a post for 9/25 - west coast time. I trust blogger scheduling - I've only ever had a problem when I click something wrong . .

    You know what a slow reader I am, and I have three beta reads already. They'll all probably publish before I get through them.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna:
    You are a gem. And if it weren't for audiobooks, I would get little reading done myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just sent you a box with Olivia Wilde in it, there are air holes and a box of Twinkies and Twizzlers. She was not as willing to go, not cause of you... it was that darn box... she is used to traveling first class, not 300 first class stamps. This sounded more funny in my head, oh the voices...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny. Olivia arrived. Do you know what it is like being attacked by a furious actress with sharpened Twizzlers?

    ReplyDelete