FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, March 24, 2017

WHY WE LOVE PUPPIES


Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching.
Rudyard Kipling


Yesterday was National Puppy Day

 The little guy above seems to sense I missed his day.

But like puppies everywhere, he forgives me.


After all, their large foreheads and big, round eyes are reminiscent of human babies.

A puppy may be of a breed that unsettles us, but that does not matter.

Our hearts melt at the sight of the little guy. 

 March 23rd was set aside in 2006 by author Collen Paige ...

and adopted by other groups since.  

The idea is to focus attention on puppies in need of adoption

and on the abuses found in puppy mills ...

But also to celebrate these little furry heart-warmers.

Do You Have Any Fond Memories of a Particular Puppy in Your Life?

Tell Us About It and Make Our Day Brighter.

9 comments:

  1. I'm more of a cat person, but baby animals in general are just cute. I've always said that if someone walked up with a baby in one arm and a basket of kittens in the other, I'd be all over those kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to walk through the any zoo's baby section. :-)

      Delete
  2. Something a little different for you. I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like George Lucas with the Ewoks, I dared to be cute. :-)

      Delete
  3. Just look at that Golden's face - adorable!
    My dog growing up was the best dog in the world but my mother's least favorite because she was destructive - coffee table legs, records, shoes, walls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend and only dog I've ever had was Blackie. Once he was gone, after being hit by a careless driver when I was away, I never wanted to go through that loss again. I was probably eight or ten yrs old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first dog was Shorty, part every breed. She was with me from early elementary school to my freshman year in college. When she died, it near tore me in two emotionally.

      Losing a furry member of the family is tough!

      Delete
  5. If I'm honest, there are some breeds that I'm not intersted in, even when they're pups. Even saying that though, I'm a dog person. So fun.

    ReplyDelete