FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Do You OWN Your Mistakes or Do They OWN You? _ A To Z Challenge Post



“We are products of our past, 
but we don't have 
to be prisoners of it.”
Rick Warren


 Most people develop a 
childhood habit of dodging 
punishment for mistakes, 
but it's a habit that must be broken. 

Taking responsibility 
when things go wrong 
is crucially important 
to building trust with others 
and learning from your mistakes. 



Dysfunctional parents 
enforce rules arbitrarily
 and consequences for mistakes

 are inconsistent and unpredictable. 

In the face of irrational punishment 
and anger that they can’t reason with, 
children learn that 
the only solution 
is to evade reality. 


  As you make the transition from 
childhood to adulthood,
 it is a habit you have to 
learn to leave behind. 

If you don’t, 
you will continually lose 
trust with employers and friends,

And even more importantly, 
you will never learn from your mistakes.

HOW COMFORTABLE
ARE YOU IN
DEALING WITH YOUR
MISTAKES?

4 comments:

  1. I own my mistakes, but there is always a moment of fear or terror as I step up. I don't always enjoy the consequences of my actions. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fear we feel when we step up is what courage is all about. Yes, the consequences are hard to live with sometimes, Anna. Good for you for stepping up. :-)

      Delete
  2. I try to own my mistakes. I have continually changed - there was a time when I was a teenager, I felt that whatever I am doing is the right thing - which was not always the case. But with maturity - I am aware of my deeds and try to be careful.
    I think you like Calvin and Hobbes - it repeatedly comes in your post. Even I like it 😊
    Opportunity Cost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calvin makes me laugh, but I identify more with Hobbes!

      Delete